Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
82' Euro 240D 84' 300D 01' SLK320 6 Speed Sport!
315 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am thinking of taking on a new challenge, installing an audio 30 and MB cd changer in my W123. Putting in the radio and changer is not the challenge, but running the fiber optic cable is, but where on earth can I order the correct fiber optic cable? Any help or direction is much appreciated.

·
Registered
222.132 & 221.122 & 213.050 & 906.633
10,426 Posts
Mercedes parts are usually available from an MB dealer, their spare parts desk. You could ask if MBenzNL would deliver you some but you would have to decide which cable length fits your installation.

Isn't this a CAN-bus radio, can it be configured to read switched power signal and others instead of reading the info from the CAN bus?

·
Registered
82' Euro 240D 84' 300D 01' SLK320 6 Speed Sport!
315 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Not sure about a CAN Bus radio, I am going to be looking into that. Generally I don't like to order from Mercedes dealerships in the U.S. because they drive up the cost so much.

·
Registered
ML500
140 Posts
Hi

Use the power and D2B fibre leads from a W210 estate, that way they won't be too short.

The DIN size fronted Audio-30-APS used to be installed in the SL R129 (I installed one in mine) - so there are certainly units out there that don't require CANbus.

If you were in Europe i'd be suggesting one of the Becker units, single DIN, match Mercedes perfectly and give you iPod/MP3/nav/etc

Richard

1 - 4 of 4 Posts