Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi guys, <br>does anybody know where I can get a longer wheel bolt.<br>I am thinking of using 5mm H&R spacer on the back.<br>How much are they usually sell for..?<br>Any Info would greatly appreciated<br>Thanks,<p><br>J Irwan

·
Registered
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
I had to have them specially cut....more

I put on 19" AMG CL rims and the offset was off so I put in 10mm Lorinser spacers. MB doesn't sell longer bolts so I had to measure and cut a really long bolt. Just a precaution. Make sure the length you cut does not exceed the brake disc as this might hit the emergency brake. I learned the hard way and I had to replace the whole E-brake system from the cables to the pads. $$$.<p>Cost was $20 for cutting all 20 bolts. Bolts were $2 each at the local automotive store.

·
Registered
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I got my wheel bolts with the spacers...

J Irwan,<br>I bought 4 20mm spacers to get my 17" SLK wheels (for my C class) fitting my R129 300SL.<br>I got two sets of 2 spacers and each set came with 10 wheel bolts/lugs...<p>greetingz,<p>

·
Registered
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Re: I got my wheel bolts with the spacers...

Hi, Steve.<br>Who makes the spacer..?<br>I am thinking of getting the 5mm H&R spacer, and frankly I am not sure if they came with the lug bolts.<p><br>

·
Registered
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #5

Spacers are made by D&W, INXX, STW, H&R (www.dw-online.de) and a lot of other companies.<br>To be honest, I do not know who made mine, but I ordered them with the bolts/lugs.<br>By the way: are spacers legal in the states or are they actually not allowed???<br>I want to take my 300CE conv. to the states and want to mount 17" SLK wheels (with spacers) but if that will get me in trouble I might consider to buy a new set of rims.<p>greetingz,<br>

·
Registered
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #6

<br>I am not sure that they are illegal, but there are lot of people use them for track and for street use in the states.<br>In fact there are a lot of places that sell these spacers too.<br>So I don' think wheel spacer should be a problem in the US.<br>If anybody else have more info on these, feedbacks are welcome.<br>

1 - 6 of 6 Posts