Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
A4
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I need some Euro headlights for a '78 380 SL. Used ones will siut me best, cause the car is far from perfect, or if someone knows where to get new ones reeeaally cheap I'd be grateful. So, can anyone point me in the right direction?

·
Registered
350SLC, 500SLC, 300TE, 190E2.3 Sportline
690 Posts
Headlights

If you are looking at improving the light output, have you considered staying with the 4 light setup with the sealed beams replaced with halogen lamp inserts (ie. new round lens/reflector units for halogen bulbs)? With H4 lamps in the outer high/low beam lamps and H3 (or H1 or similar) for the inner high beams you would end up with lighting to match the Euro lights on low beam and better them on high beam.

I would like to do this with my 350SLC (which has standard Euro lights with H4 lamps). Unfortunately, I cannot find a set of US 4 light housings as they were never used in Australia. See my previous posting "Strange Headlight Request".

If you are simply after the original "Euro" look, then you will have to find a set of Euro lights.

·
Registered
A4
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Yeah, I read your other post. I want the euro look though. I would offer to trade but your...

Yeah, I read your other post. I want the euro look though. I would offer to trade but your light pattern is for a RHD vehicle and you said they are a tad sandblasted [:(]

1 - 3 of 3 Posts