Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2001 C320
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Could anyone please recommend a dealer in San Francisco Bay Area that will install and program the bi-xenon? How much should I expect to pay?

Actually, I called a few dealers in Bay Area today (Claridges, Oakland, Beshoff, also EMC body shop), they all told me they were not allowed to modify the factory setting.

I will try to ask a smaller body shop if they will install for me.

Would the thing still work without programming? I have heard that you can turn on the light for 10 sec, before turning on ignition, then the light will stay on. Is this correct? Thanks!

·
Registered
W211/W210 Estate /W209/W208
1,970 Posts
Could anyone please recommend a dealer in San Francisco Bay Area that will install and program the bi-xenon? How much should I expect to pay?

Actually, I called a few dealers in Bay Area today (Claridges, Oakland, Beshoff, also EMC body shop), they all told me they were not allowed to modify the factory setting.

Would the thing still work without programming? I have heard that you can turn on the light for 10 sec, before turning on ignition, then the light will stay on. Is this correct? Thanks!

Please contact Steve @www.Mbenz.nl re the Xeon lites
Steve will be in the Bay area in Feb.So the Install should be No problem.I have Done Several sets without any problems...Plug and play
The dealer CAN select Xeon present in the settings in about 15/20min ..It Must be done either before or after the headlite install
Good Luck

·
Registered
2001 C320
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks Mark! I will try to find a dealer to set the xenon present before I attempt to inst...

Thanks Mark! I will try to find a dealer to set the xenon present before I attempt to install it. Steve has pointed me to someone for help. I am waiting for reply. thx!

·
Registered
2001 C320
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Finally, I took the car to the new dealer in San Jose (Beshoff), and told them to check my...

Finally, I took the car to the new dealer in San Jose (Beshoff), and told them to check my headlight alignment and told them I had a flickering problem and suggested it might have something to do with the computer. I left the print outs of the computer screens on the dashboard. I didn't tell them I replaced the headlights (that might put them in difficult position).

They re-aimed the lights for me (it was way too high) and programmed the computer, all for FREE :) I guess realignming the light was covered under warrantee. (They have free C240 loaner cars there!).

1 - 4 of 4 Posts