Mercedes-Benz Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just got a 2009 C300 love the car, however, I think previous driver had a ring on his/her right hand and tranny knob from the passenger site is all scratched and worn off. I know I can probably order replacement from the MB dealer, but I am sure it will cost me arm and a leg for this thing. Hence, I was wondering if anyone knows of an after-market auto tranny knobs that can go on this car? Or if anyone knows where I can get OEM knob for less than MB dealer sells it?

·
Registered
MB C-300 Sport 2009 Manual Black XPIPE+Exhaust=Brilliance
341 Posts
Just got a 2009 C300 love the car, however, I think previous driver had a ring on his/her right hand and tranny knob from the passenger site is all scratched and worn off. I know I can probably order replacement from the MB dealer, but I am sure it will cost me arm and a leg for this thing. Hence, I was wondering if anyone knows of an after-market auto tranny knobs that can go on this car? Or if anyone knows where I can get OEM knob for less than MB dealer sells it?
I have the same issue. Anyone know?????:bowdown:

·
Registered
2013 C300 Sport Darth V 3.0
788 Posts
Brabus makes one but it will cost a bit. I replaced mine with an inexpensive one from Pilot that I picked up at AutoZone. It took a little work to make it fit.

·
Registered
MB C-300 Sport 2009 Manual Black XPIPE+Exhaust=Brilliance
341 Posts
Brabus makes one but it will cost a bit. I replaced mine with an inexpensive one from Pilot that I picked up at AutoZone. It took a little work to make it fit.

were did you get the carbon fiber interior did you do it your self because it looks like its the once that are pre cut?

·
Registered
2010 C300 Sport
25 Posts
I know this is an older thread but I just purchased a pre-owned 2010 C300 and see the same issue. Of course I noticed after taking it home and the dealership won't replace it. Apparently it all comes as one piece, the ring around the top where the scratches are cannot be replaced separately. Anyone have any luck getting this replaced? I am thinking of contacting MBUSA direct and issue a complaint about the material used being that it seems to scratch easily.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I know this is an older thread but I just purchased a pre-owned 2010 C300 and see the same issue. Of course I noticed after taking it home and the dealership won't replace it. Apparently it all comes as one piece, the ring around the top where the scratches are cannot be replaced separately. Anyone have any luck getting this replaced? I am thinking of contacting MBUSA direct and issue a complaint about the material used being that it seems to scratch easily.
Sorry, can't help you since, my dealer was good enough to replace it with no cost to me.

·
Registered
2013 C300 Sport Darth V 3.0
788 Posts
Try Formymercedes.com

·
Registered
2010 C300 Sport
25 Posts
Thanks for the input guys. I sent an email to Mercedes customer service to see if they could get the dealer to replace it for me. We'll see how that goes, I'll update with the outcome so anyone else who has the issue knows. Also, Prestige Mercedes in NJ are the ones who will not replace it, not to bash them but it does annoy me that another dealership here was able to and they were making it like I was crazy for being concerned with the scratches.

·
Registered
08 C300 Sport 4matic
2 Posts
I just bought a factory 2011 C63 shift knob off of Ebay and installed it today on my 08 C300 4matic. Easy install, and looks great. Another might show up on there that is much cheaper than from the dealer. Good luck!

1 - 12 of 12 Posts