Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 20 of 35 Posts

·
Registered
1984 MERCEDES-BENZ 300 TURBO DIESEL, 1978 CHEVROLET K20 CUSTOM DELUXE
365 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello, i just bought a new skid plate for my oil pan from the classic center in cali. I would like to complete the look and function with a skid plate for my radiator. Does anyone know where i can get one on the cheap. Thanks. I will post some pictures when i install the oil pan skid plate.:)

·
Registered
2000 W202 Mercedes-Benz C250 Turbodiesel
1,446 Posts
The auto 230E that I'm sort of parting out has one. I assume you've got the regular skid plate, because if memory serves me correctly, the radiator skid plate bolts to the oil pan skid plate.

Located in South Africa, though.

·
Registered
'86 W123 200, OM617 non-turbo, bastard 5-speed; '95 W202 C250 Diesel, OM605 non-turbo, 5-spd man
4,275 Posts
The auto 230E that I'm sort of parting out has one. I assume you've got the regular skid plate, because if memory serves me correctly, the radiator skid plate bolts to the oil pan skid plate.

Located in South Africa, though.
I'll take it!!!! Please, pretty please? How much do you want for it? (Read: how little will you sell it for?:D)

·
Registered
1,446 Posts
I'll take it!!!! Please, pretty please? How much do you want for it? (Read: how little will you sell it for?:D)
Didn't all automatic W123s in South Africa come fitted with the radiator plate, seeing as the oil pan skid plate seemed to be standard fitment on the manuals?

Mind you, if it is as scarce as you allude to, maybe I should keep it for the 280E :p .

·
Registered
'86 W123 200, OM617 non-turbo, bastard 5-speed; '95 W202 C250 Diesel, OM605 non-turbo, 5-spd man
4,275 Posts
Didn't all automatic W123s in South Africa come fitted with the radiator plate, seeing as the oil pan skid plate seemed to be standard fitment on the manuals?

Mind you, if it is as scarce as you allude to, maybe I should keep it for the 280E :p .
Darn it!

Oh well, I would do that too in your position. It's not as if Donkey's radiator was ever in danger, what with the high suspension and big wheels.

Still, if you change your mind...;)

BTW, I believe the oil pan skid plate was standard on all W123s, until the owners got rid of them. The radiator plate was a different matter, though.

·
Registered
1984 MERCEDES-BENZ 300 TURBO DIESEL, 1978 CHEVROLET K20 CUSTOM DELUXE
365 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
i would love to complete the look and function with a radiator skid plate considering my radiator is new. Also should i paint my skid plate camouflage like the picture or leave it black.:D

Attachments

·
Premium Member
W-1-2-3 Go!
16,161 Posts

If you ever decide to part with it, you know my address :D

·
Registered
4,275 Posts
No fair, MBeige, I was first!

·
Registered
1,446 Posts
What the heck - seems I should scourge the local junkyard and start a business with radiator skid plates :D .

·
Registered
4,275 Posts
Frans, put up a few pics, maybe we can make these ourselves. Us farmers were born with grinders and hammers in our hands.

·
Registered
1,446 Posts
Will try to take some photos tomorrow (Sunday).

I was troubleshooting my mom's Honda's misfire - I messed up so badly that I need to remove the entire head assembly to have two spark plug holes' stripped threads repaired. On the bright side, it should be easy as pie to remove, after having wrestled with the 280E's.

How did I get things so wrong :crybaby2: ?

·
Registered
1,446 Posts
Sorry, guys - I didn't get by taking those photos. My old lady's Honda head removal took the entire day, not that I can show much for all the time spent. After having followed the instructions in the workshop manual (which are really straightforward, unlike the removal of the 280E's head), the head simply refuses to come off. I have no idea what else to do, apart from sitting on a heap and feeling sorry for myself.

What else could be keeping the head on?

·
Registered
1985 Euro 300TD Turbo, 1983 Euro 300TD turbo, 1979 Euro 240TD and 1981 300D converted to euro.
2,700 Posts
Small internal bolts near the timing belt/chain?

I took the head off om617s tons of times, but one time i could not for the life of me get it one off at a junk yard that was closing.......i was so rushed i forgot the bolts inside.

1 - 20 of 35 Posts