Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

Where to get a clutch kit for a 2.3 16 in the UK

795 Views 5 Replies 3 Participants Last post by  Triple-R
Hi i am after a cheap clutch kit, i dont mind paying extra for a performance one.

SO far i have tried german and swedish, but they are on back order.

Cheapest so far is £150 + VAT. From some crap place

thanks
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

· Registered
190E 2.3-16
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Hi, thanks for the replies. EuroParts like german and swedish cant get the clutch, they ...

Hi, thanks for the replies. EuroParts like german and swedish cant get the clutch, they say its on back order.

Any other places i could try?

thanks again

· BenzWorld W126 & W201 Host
1988 420SE, 2002 C180 Kompressor, 200 ML320
1,150 Posts
Clutch Kit

Triple-R

There's a place in Manchester i take clutches to when no body stocks them, and they re-condition the old Kit.

Seltons 0161 336 4136.

I have spoken to David there, and he states that if it's the standard clutch in it, it would be in the region of £85. If its a racing clutch that you've already got, they won't be able to give a price until they see it.

They use TNT to mail order the parts so you should be able to use them to send it to them.

They need the friction lining, pressure plate, bearing and release arm aswell.

When ever I've used them, it's always done within 24hrs.

Give them a call, David is very helpfull.

Let me know how you get on.

James.

· Registered
190E 2.3-16
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Hi, thanks James for the reply. I have just managed to locate a recondition kit for £120...

Hi, thanks James for the reply. I have just managed to locate a recondition kit for £120. I need the car ASAP so i have gone with this option. Although in future i will use your contact.

Thanks again for all the replies.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.