Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

Where to find new badges?

1127 Views 10 Replies 3 Participants Last post by  bdonkersgoed
Hey everyone,

I want to rebadge my 300SE as an S320 (which makes a lot more sense!) Does anyone know where to find these? Thanks!
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

· Registered
92 500SEL to 01 E320T current 2014 lexus LS460
3,885 Posts
Rebadge

The dealers sell the letters, I gues you could go to a scrap yard, and put new double sided tape on them and glue them on. I would consider what the years of fading have done to the paint, when you remove them. I took one of and there is a difference (10years of fading) I stuck it back on. Dental floss is supposed to do the trick in removing, carefully sawing back and forth.

· Registered
93 300SE, 07 BMW 328i Coupe, 01 GSX-R1000
940 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Re: Rebadge

The dealers sell the letters, I gues you could go to a scrap yard, and put new double sided tape on them and glue them on. I would consider what the years of fading have done to the paint, when you remove them. I took one of and there is a difference (10years of fading) I stuck it back on. Dental floss is supposed to do the trick in removing, carefully sawing back and forth.
Actually, I am repainting the trunk, so I don't really need to worry about fading. I guess I can try the dealer . . . they probably charge a lot for them though [:(]

· Registered
W140 S class, E31 850Ci, XC90 Exec AWD geartronic
444 Posts
Re: Re: Rebadge

Actually, I am repainting the trunk, so I don't really need to worry about fading. I guess I can try the dealer . . . they probably charge a lot for them though [:(]
£15 +vat (about $20US)

· Registered
940 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Re: Re: Re: Rebadge

£15 +vat (about $20US)
What does "+vat" mean?

Does anyone know if the Star emblem on the trunk lid is expensive? Has the Mercedes Star on the trunk changed at all from 1993 to 1999 (in size, thickness, etc.)?

Does anyone know how much the Mercedes Star on the Trunk lid costs?

I am looking to replace the 300SE with the S320 badge, and I also want to replace the Star because ours isn't very nice anymore. Thanks!

· Registered
444 Posts
Re: Re: Re: Re: Rebadge

£15 +vat (about $20US)
What does "+vat" mean?

Does anyone know if the Star emblem on the trunk lid is expensive? Has the Mercedes Star on the trunk changed at all from 1993 to 1999 (in size, thickness, etc.)?

Does anyone know how much the Mercedes Star on the Trunk lid costs?

I am looking to replace the 300SE with the S320 badge, and I also want to replace the Star because ours isn't very nice anymore. Thanks!
the tristar is the same on all 140's 1991-1999. The Tristar costs about £2.50 ($3.75) Its high grade plastic coated in a chrome finish. To remove it, you will have to eek it out using a blunt blade. Its held in by three plastic grommets.

Sorry for confusing you with 'vat'. In the UK we pay this on top of every item. Its stands for value added tax. The amount varies depending on the classification of the product. In most cases its 17.5%.

· Registered
940 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Rebadge

the tristar is the same on all 140's 1991-1999. The Tristar costs about £2.50 ($3.75) Its high grade plastic coated in a chrome finish. To remove it, you will have to eek it out using a blunt blade. Its held in by three plastic grommets.

Sorry for confusing you with 'vat'. In the UK we pay this on top of every item. Its stands for value added tax. The amount varies depending on the classification of the product. In most cases its 17.5%.
Thanks for the help. I can't believe how cheap the "Tristar" is . . .

Is the S320 badge just held in place by double-sided tape?

· Registered
444 Posts
Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Rebadge

Thanks for the help. I can't believe how cheap the "Tristar" is . . .

Is the S320 badge just held in place by double-sided tape?
No double sided tape holding it in place, its held in place by three rivets which plug into the trunk.

I, like you was surprised at how cheap the tristar was!!!, Its only plastic though. Make sure that you fit it the right side up as it is profiled to match the contours of the trunk lid. There is an arrow under the tristar emblem which should point upward.

· Registered
940 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Rebadge

No double sided tape holding it in place, its held in place by three rivets which plug into the trunk.
Do you know if these three rivets are the exact same, regardless of which badge is put on. I want to replace my 300SE badge with a S320 badge . . . will it fit? Thanks!

· Registered
444 Posts
Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Rebadge

Do you know if these three rivets are the exact same, regardless of which badge is put on. I want to replace my 300SE badge with a S320 badge . . . will it fit? Thanks!
the S320 badge is held on my double sided sticky foamed tape. The Tristar is helkd on with rivets. I hope this clarifies your query.[;)]

· Registered
940 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Rebadge

the S320 badge is held on my double sided sticky foamed tape. The Tristar is helkd on with rivets. I hope this clarifies your query.[;)]
It all makes sense now, thanks!
I ordered a new S320 badge from the dealer. It cost about $35CAN which is reasonable.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.