Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

21 - 25 of 25 Posts

·
Premium Member
97 E-420 (180K miles), 97 SL500, (93K miles) 2015 GMC Sierra Denali 2500HD CC/SB/4x4 Duramax(55K)
4,267 Posts
Looks like the R129 Motoring site is back up. I have seen a few videos of the install process and while a pain in the butt, it is a DIY job. They have precut kits available.

Window Kits – R129 MOTORING

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
glad to see theR129 site back up. The hood pad is IMHO WAY better than the OEM pad, holds up better, better looking. One of the few non OEM items worth considering, (along with Akebono brake pads) I have one of the R129 rear window kits, haven't gotten around to installing it.

·
Registered
1998 SL500 Sport
343 Posts
glad to see theR129 site back up. The hood pad is IMHO WAY better than the OEM pad, holds up better, better looking. One of the few non OEM items worth considering, (along with Akebono brake pads) I have one of the R129 rear window kits, haven't gotten around to installing it.
I think I am going to order the tinted one just in case they run out or close up shop. When the time comes for brake pads, Akebono is what I am going with.

·
Registered
6 Posts
I have a bunch of material to make kits. Proper uv tinted material and thread. Once I get my top up I can cut out kits and mail them out for a good cost.

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #24
Looks like the R129 Motoring site is back up. I have seen a few videos of the install process and while a pain in the butt, it is a DIY job. They have precut kits available.

Window Kits – R129 MOTORING

Not sure why I didn't get the notification to see this before, but I ended up ordering 40 gauge vinyl off ebay. apparently this is what is recommended for soft top windows (some people also suggested 30 gauge, but 40 seemed to be the majority consensus). I will be cutting it myself and either gluing or stitching it on in the next weekend or so.

·
Registered
26 Posts
Not sure why I didn't get the notification to see this before, but I ended up ordering 40 gauge vinyl off ebay. apparently this is what is recommended for soft top windows (some people also suggested 30 gauge, but 40 seemed to be the majority consensus). I will be cutting it myself and either gluing or stitching it on in the next weekend or so.

Great, let us know how it goes

21 - 25 of 25 Posts