Mercedes-Benz Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

· Registered
always shopping for another benz..
230 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
just scooped up a cheap 91 300ce and am in the process of fixing all the little nitpicking things.

primarily, id like to re-install the passenger door body cladding/molding, which is currently stored in my trunk.. id really like to fix this nasty "eyesore"..

i went to the MB dealer, and was quoted $50 for a total of 10 fastners(just replacing the lower rail of fastners).. ouch! so i passed on it, and want to order them online..

I found a bunch of ebay listings for 10 and 20 piece "molding fastners", but they didnt list the w124 coupes as being compatible:

10 Pcs Lower Ledge Moulding Nylon Clip Retainer Fastener Benz W124 006 988 30 78 | eBay

So firstly, id like to know if ALL w124 models that were equipped with "body cladding" utilize the same fasteners??

Secondly, can anyone tell me where i can buy a complete set?(i just need enough fasteners to completely replace ALL male/female fasteners for ONE door panel cladding for my 91 300CE)

I also need to re fasten the interior C-pillar panel(the panel that is located right by your head as you sit in the rear seat, and stretches from the roof to the back shelf)

Thanks!

· Registered
always shopping for another benz..
230 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
cool. thanks.. my local dealer wanted $5 per clip, so i passed..

found out, through ebay listings, that a US(KY)company named auveco, sells replacement clips..

here is their pdf catalog:

http://www.auveco.com/download/catalog/auveco_catalog.pdf

^^PAGE 625(in the catalog --- 654 on my browser viewer count) shows the MB fasteners.

I know i need part#21433 for the low side track for the door molding/cladding... and im pretty sure 21467 (next page down in the catalog) is what i need for the top tracking of the molding)

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.