Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
95 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I know know this topic has been beat to death. And I was unable to find anything with the search option.
However, I really need to find a reliable retailer for a wiring harness and other assorted parts. Any good places?
Also, I would love to find some alloy 8-holes wheels. Tirerack.com has some non-oem wheels for $109 each but 'm not sure if I should trust them. Any good sources for stock alloys?
Thanks.

·
Registered
95 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thank you. However, would you trust new wheels from them?
Also, autohausaz.com is a great site. Sadly, they do not sell the engine wiring harness.

·
Premium Member
1,719 Posts

·
Registered
926 Posts
If you decide to go used, I have an engine wiring harness from a 1995 E320 that I'm parting. I installed the then new harness 3 years ago when I got the car. Its a p/n 1244402933 (believe there are two different p/n, it has to match what you have). $425 (paypal) includes shipping in the contUSA. Payment by PayPal.

·
Registered
95 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thank you RHW. The same site offer the same rims for $270 each. So maybe 109 each may not be too steep. I'm also trying to find the harness on the site.
hanno2s, thank you I will keep that in mind. Where do I find the part number?

·
Premium Member
6,734 Posts
first, sign up for a free EPC access account on benz's technical support site.... EPC-net Online this will let you look up ALL part numbers of any Benz official component.

the places like autohausaz, pelicanparts, etc carry *some* real benz stuff, but mostly carry whats known as 'OE' stuff as well as 3rd party clone parts. OE stuff is nominally from the company that makes the original parts for benz, like Beru for spark plug wires, Bosch distributor caps, boge/sachs shocks, etc... note that these OE parts may or may not be exactly benz spec, in particular rumors have it the newer Bosch stuff is slipping (same problem in the volvo world I come from)

you can get *real* Benz stuff from any Benz dealer, but the vast majority charge full price only (or even more in some cases), and the quality of your experience will vary by the dealer.

parts.com has a 'real' benz dealer selling official benz parts at a decent discount, but they have a fairly high per-order service charge, so this is only a good choice for big ticket items.

I just heard that Stahl Motors aka Mercedes of Monterey (California) has opened a discount benz parts website, Mercedes Benz Parts at Wholesale - OEM Auto Parts I have not dealt with them yet, but Stahl is one of the oldest benz dealers in the US and generally highly thought of (a friend who lives there bought a late 70's 450SEL from them in the 80s and they maintained it for him for 15 or 20 years, he was generally quite happy).

·
Registered
926 Posts
969th, If its still there, the harness tag will be on it behind the battery, inboard side. If its at all difficult to read, remove the battery for access. There have been a few versions of the harness, so if you can't read the number, get on the EPC per Volvo's advice. It will give you the exact p/n needed for your VIN, along with any that superseded it.

·
Premium Member
1,719 Posts
Those $270 rims are not the "same" rims as tirerack offers. Don't compare OEM (real MB) wheels to the replicas. FOR THE PRICE, at this stage, I'd choose the reps over OEM.

But realistically, I would buy excellent used OEM wheels here or on ebay for less than those reps. Reps are fine, btw, I just prefer oem wheels when I have the choice.

·
Registered
95 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Thanks a lot guys!I'll sign up for epc today. And I'll look at the part number on the harness after finals this afternoon.
Really love the help you guys provide. Thanks again.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts