Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
slk
187 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Where can I buy genuine or replica 2001 slk body kits, of course w/o the dealer price? I have a '99 and don't like the 2-tone color.

·
Registered
SLK 230 yellow
200 Posts
Kindly check previous threads for information you are searching for. There are many options for you to evaluate. Companies like Reiger,Lorinser,Expression etc. make kits. You might want to mix them for a personlized look or buy one kit complete. I personally used a Lorinser front lip, Reiger skirts and an Expression rear kit with an AMG trunk spoiler on my 99. Also check Kuhl Carbons' ride out and a number of others who have customized their 99's. Good Luck. [:)]

·
Registered
2003 SLK 320
684 Posts
Fredrice, I think slknow is looking for OEM post-facelift bumpers to eliminate the black plastic lower part of the bumper.

slknow, if that's what you want, you should check out ebay...but stay away from replica bumpers. May also want to check salvage yards, but that's not very promising. I'd say ebay is your best bet.

·
Registered
slk
187 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
RE: Try www.nrauto.com (factory AMG body kit for 1/2 off).

Linh,
I read somewhere you replaced your headers with headers from Supersprint. Did your SLK exhaust have a "noise ordinance" problem, where it almost sounded like an exhaust leak coming from the passenger side? Did replacing the headers quiet this down?

·
Registered
slk
187 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
exhaust noise

Your only able to hear when accelerating and driving. You can not hear "it" when the car is parked and you accelerate. I got the car checked twice at the dealership and both times they said they could not find any leak. There methid was to clog the muffler, then accelerate and/see any smoke coming from the exhaust. It sounds like your driving a POS.

·
Registered
SLK230
189 Posts
linh - 3/21/2005 10:51 PM

AMG !!
Which AMG body kit is it? I only found a system with a single "shotgun style" or oval system. I ment a separate system for both the left and right side.

·
Registered
99 SLK230 Sport
818 Posts
LUGNUT - 3/21/2005 11:22 PM

AMG !!
Which AMG body kit is it? I only found a system with a single "shotgun style" or oval system. I ment a separate system for both the left and right side.
http://www.benzworld.org/forums/forums/thread-view.asp?tid=1189515&posts=17&hl=dual+exhaust

·
Registered
SLK230
189 Posts
slkpwr - 3/21/2005 11:40 PM

LUGNUT - 3/21/2005 11:22 PM

AMG !!
http://www.benzworld.org/forums/forums/thread-view.asp?tid=1189515&posts=17&hl=dual+exhaust
Thanx! [:)]

I thought it was a Kleemann kit, but i couldn't find it on their website. Maybe it's phased ot of production since the intro of the R171...??

1 - 9 of 9 Posts