Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
MY2005 SL350
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi there

I have a 2005 SL350 and use my iPhone (3GS) with Viseeo MB2 (Bluetooth)... very happy with the way it works however I'm struggling to find a way to position my iPhone inside the cabin... I don't want to drill holes or use a suction cup on the windscreen, but I'd like to place the iPhone somewhere visible when I drive (as I sometimes use apps such as Trapster)...

I was thinking of using an iPhone rigid case fixed to the dashboard with welcro but I'm curios to see what other people are doing. Can you please post your setup & suggestions, possibly with pics?

Many thanks
MP

·
Registered
2003 SL500, 2009 Shelby GT500
6 Posts
I use a small silicone mat made for that pupose that I bought at Best Buy for about 5 bucks. It adheres perfectly to the console armrest without adhesive. You just rest the iPhone on top and it sticks fine.

·
Registered
183 Posts
OK, my plan sucks. I turn it sideways, open the ashtray door and set it there. Works pretty well unless I wear polarized sunglasses and then the sideways iPhone screen is blank!

·
Registered
2005 SL65
12 Posts
Again, suction cup under rear view mirror, just phone visible. Works great, easy to see and use. Drilled hole in holder for camera, then did laps at Mosport race track, worked perfectly, video is cool. Nice reminder of a fun day.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts