Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
BenzWorld Elitist
11,490 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
FWIW I found this data somewhat surprising. It's largely a matter of victimization of the (rural) poor and stupid. Not so much the greedy yups and speculators. Interactive map:

Subprime Mortgages Across the U.S.

·
Registered
29,576 Posts
Yep, the marketing departments did very well. They target marketed the groups that were most likely to have less income, more sporadic work and higher concentrations of uneducated folks who did not/would not understand the terms of the loans.

By the way, talking to my bank guy who just left Countrywide. Interesting "bonus" schedule for the mortgage writers. If you had a client who scored and qualified for say a 7% loan. The writer got a bonus for each 1/8 point he wrote the mortgage ABOVE that qualifying amount. So your good buddy got bucks for jacking your rate, even thought you qualified for X rate.

Banks don't allow that practice from my understanding [though nothing would surprise me].

·
BenzWorld Elitist
11,490 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
^^^ That's actually quite interesting. While these are only two data points, the implication is clear that the rural poor are more likely to perform their duties according to contract, however onerous.

·
BenzWorld Elitist
11,490 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
egads, there were 14 sequels? I'm in the wrong business!

·
BenzWorld Elitist
11,490 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
LOL... Do let us know which ones are worth our time ;)

·
Forum Administrator , RC Colas® & Moon Pies®
39,177 Posts
egads, there were 14 sequels? I'm in the wrong business!
Ordinarily, I'd point out that based on this poster...

there's at least 13 sequels instead of 14.

I won't however because I don't wish to piss off the clk man and have him call down the spirit of barberhauler on me again.

Is it my imagination or does Dasha have a teenie bit of an overbite? I find that stimulating.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts