Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
2003 S430
45 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My uncle owned a w140 and a W220(which I also own), we have come to the consensus that the W140 is a much better car... so who is to blame for the shitty successor. the fact that when it rains my car turns into a wading pool(ok not that much water :D).... so who do we blame?

·
Registered
96 and 08 911 turbos
2,988 Posts
I'm not sure why you think blaming anyone will do anything. If you aren't happy with your 220, sell it, and buy a 140...they are nice cars.

That said, your car is having major issues if you are having water ingress, which is most likely caused by faulty maintenance of the passenger side water drains.

·
Registered
2005 Mercedes-Benz S500, 1982 300SD, and about 4 other parts cars in rubbermaid bins in the garage
306 Posts
Buy a Honda.

·
W221 & Audio Moderator
2013 S550
10,978 Posts
Take a look at the W220 S-Class Encyclopedia sticky at the top of the forum, and check out the several links on the drain problem, the lawsuit settlement, and the steps you can take since you missed the chance to file claims in the settlement.

While the 140 is well built and a quality car, in my view it has a very heavy feel, like a truck; the W220 handles much better, and has a sportier feel.

·
Registered
01 S320 & 99 C240 Sport Wagon
83 Posts
Panzerkampfwagen !

Not to mention that, IMHO, the 140 is the ugliest Benz ever built, unless you're one of those that find Panzerkampfwagens attractive ...

·
Registered
96 and 08 911 turbos
2,988 Posts
I like the look of the 140, and the traditional mb interior is nice.

But they are a bit dated and lack some of the nice features of the 220.

·
Registered
s320 white
68 Posts
My uncle owned a w140 and a W220(which I also own), we have come to the consensus that the W140 is a much better car... so who is to blame for the shitty successor. the fact that when it rains my car turns into a wading pool(ok not that much water :D).... so who do we blame?
its just an opinion of one uncle. Wouldnt call it a shitty successor.

maybe the car is not for you if you dont like it. As other said- buy yourself w140 :) just be happy

·
Registered
2000 and 2003 W220 S500
930 Posts
I point the finger at me. I love this car and I can't seem to stop loving it.

Even though I haven't seen it since Nov. 8th, due to EIS and Gear Selector Module problems, I know when I drive it again, all is well with the world.

·
Registered
2000 S430 156k (11/12)
507 Posts
so who is to blame for the shitty successor. the fact that when it rains my car turns into a wading pool(ok not that much water :D).... so who do we blame?
You should blame yourself for not taking care of your car, clearing the cowl drain is a maintenance item at every service interval.

·
Registered
nothing broken. finally!
2,619 Posts
hah posting in the 220/140 section and including both cars in the same thread is a battle cry! catapult out before the mob arrives

ps. blame chrysler.

·
Registered
2003 S430
45 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
i appreciate all opinions.....
but why do the vents on the hood exist anyway?.... I see all flagships have them.

·
Registered
2003 S430
45 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
i appreciate all opinions.....
but why do the vents on the hood exist anyway?.... I see all flagships have them.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts