Mercedes-Benz Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
I need to replace my starter motor. I know where it's at
I will assume you say that you need to know where the starter is located. It is located on the passenger side below the engine. It is easy to extract but you need a tact to replace it, particularly due to the power cable to the starter. It is a very doable task, but have to be precise on the line of the cable.

·
Coupe/Convertible Forums Moderator
CURRENT: 2011 SL550 FORMER: C300, ML350, CLK550 Cabriolet, C240, ML320, 300TD
24,962 Posts
I'm stuck now. Their is an black wire harness on the starter . I have the screws off. Its stuck on their . Can anyone tell me how to take it off ?
Welcome to the forum @Bennyman - please take a moment to visit your forum user's control panel. Go into "Account Settings", then "Account Details". Fill in the information for your "Location" (at least state/country), and your "Vehicle Details" (model and year). This will appear on all of your posts in the left pane, below your name and avatar photo. If you have more cars than will show there, then add them to your "Signature". This information will be of great assistance to others when trying to help you.

·
Registered
2005 C230 Sedan, 6 Speed MT
447 Posts
There is some general information at the approximately the 2 minute 40 second point of the video in post #3. It's been about a year since I removed the starter wire, but I remember having to manipulate the starter to and the cable in several different directions before I could take it off. Reinstalling it also required some fiddling.

There is also some information at the 5-minute point in this video.

It is definitely a challenge to remove the cable. My starter had a rebuilt sticker on it, so it had been removed previously. The person who did the work broke the plastic cover off of the positive cable. I'm not sure that is absolutely necessary.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.