Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello all, new here and just bought a 2006 c230. I have a whining noise when I turn the wheel and wanted to check the power steering fluid. Problem is I do not know where it is.

Any help to direct me how to check the fluid and refill will really help.

Also where is the engine oil dip stick, its a v6 engine

thanks

·
Registered
2004 C230 Kompressor Sport Coupe
1,903 Posts
There is no dipstick on the W203. You check the oil level using the menus, the procedure is in your manual but it should be obvious. If you want an exact level, you can use a service dip stick or use Dyno Mode. Search the forum for the latter, it's really easy to get into.

·
Registered
2006 audi S4 Cabriolet
98 Posts
To answer your first question about the power steering:
Your PS reservoir is under the right air intake duck. (at your right when you look at the engine from the front of the car. That would be the port side if in a boat). You have to remove the plastic duck first by pulling it backward at the end just over the radiator and then pulling the duck forward. Real easy, takes 15 seconds without any tools. The PS reservoir is just under there. There is a little dip stick on the cap. Fill to min level if engine is cold, or to max level if engine is hot. Do not overfill.
Note that you can't put regular PS fluid in there. Mercedes use a special PS fluid you can get at the dealer for more $$ :rolleyes:.

Same thing happenned to me a couple of month ago. Added some PS fluid and fixed the problem. I can't see a leak but I suspect I will have to redo this once or twice a year now.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Wow, found it, Thanks for all your help. I looked and missed the darn thing.

I have a dip stick at the back of the engine, is that for transmission

·
Registered
2004 C230 Kompressor Sport Coupe
1,903 Posts
There should be one dipstick tube for the engine, one for the auto transmission. Neither should have a dipstick in it. If it does, congrats, you have something that my W203 doesn't have. Both should have caps on them, the trans will have a locking cap.

·
Registered
2002 C32 AMG
1,771 Posts
I actually have a dip stick behind the engine. I will double check the owners manual to verify what its for
That is a dipstick tube for transmission oil. Come on man think with your dip stick... :)

1 - 7 of 7 Posts