Mercedes-Benz Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
w202 1997 C230 Kompressor
60 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Is there anyone having a picture that shows where exactly is the evap temp sensor located under the driver side dash ?? I have the sensor with me ( for over a year ) and I've tried to loacte it 3 times but failed !

Thanks guys !

·
W201, W202, W203, W204, W205 Moderator
Amethyst 2001 C320 with 351,000 miles
1,737 Posts
Hi thomaslee,

Don't quote me on this, because I'm not 100% sure where it's located. But...there is a vent on the headliner in front of my rear view mirror, and I believe the sensor is located right there, or it is connected to a hose that runs down into the dash board. I'm pretty dang sure that the sensor is located behind the glove box.

Wish I knew more, but based on my experience working on my 190E, I would guess that the system is similar in the C-Class.

·
Registered
60 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Hi n0alpha, I glued my headliner 4 months ago and as far as I know, there is no plug for anything else except the mirror lights for the 2 sun visors and I am pretty sure about that !

As i looked at a couple of photos on w210 showing where the evap temp sensor is but seems that the under dash arrangement is very different from w202, and i can't really located the funny little thing. I tried it on the passenger side under dash too, but again, no luck !

I think I will try it behind the glove box during weekend !

Thanks pal !

·
W201, W202, W203, W204, W205 Moderator
Amethyst 2001 C320 with 351,000 miles
1,737 Posts
Hey I found some more info for you. I checked my AllDataDIY account, and I found a picture on there. It was in black and white and the labeling was really bad, so I'm not sure if I put the red arrow at the right thing, but I think that's what they were pointing at. Anyway, I think it's located in the driver side foot well above the gas pedal.

Also, they had this text:
Description and Operation:
The evaporator temperature sensor (B10/6) measures the evaporator temperature. The evaporator temperature sensor is located in the air flow behind the evaporator. It relays the resistance coinciding with the temperature at the evaporator to the pushbutton control module. At an evaporator temperature of 1 to 3.5 °C the A/C compressor is switched off. This prevents the evaporator from icing up. This ensures that the outlet temperature at the nozzles deviates only slightly.

Anyway, here's the picture:

Attachments

·
Registered
60 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
hi n0alpha, thanks for the info. I will take a look again tonight and I have the receipt for the evap temp sensor right in front of me, dated Aug 4, 2005 ! almost having the part for 2 years but ..... Thanks a lot

·
Registered
60 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 · (Edited)
Sorry n0alpha, with the help of your photo, i still can't locate where the hell the evap temp sensor is in my car ! Since we are right handed drive in Hong Kong and I'd tried the under dash in the passenger side too, but still not able to find that funny little thing. Well, I have to give it up for now and may be I have to check with the shop some other time !!

Thanks Doug also for the pdf files sent to my email !!

Thanks guys for your help !

1 - 6 of 6 Posts