Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm about to mod my SL55 to get rid of the 155mph limit. Going to use www.speedtuningusa.com (IE only).

I have to FedEx them the ECU for a flash. I understand that it is very easy to remove and install and Speed Tuning will walk me through it.

I'm the type that likes to be prepared. I wanted to inspect the ECU mounting before starting this. Does anyone know exactly where it is?

Thanks.

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Using the Renntech instructions I took a look at the ECU in my car. I was delighted to find that there is a tab on the drivers side hood hinge that lets the hood go almost vertical.

One thing I'm stumped on is the outer plugs. They fit flush in the housing, there is no way to get your fingers on the plug and you don't want to pull the wires. Looks like you press the release tab with a flat blade screwdriver and then put pressure on the tab with the screwdriver and work the plug out until you can grab the housing.

Anyone remove these type of plugs before? Don't want to screw this up.

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Look at pictures in ...

http://www.renntechmercedes.com/instructions/ECURem.pdf

Looks like I'm wrong. Apparently there is an edge you can grip. It's colored the same as the surrounding plastic and I didn't see it properly in the gtarage light.

carlosfernandeznadal - 2/22/2005 12:19 PM

Will you post a pic of that? I never remove it so I didn't know how it looks.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts