Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
152 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I recently bought a 2002 C32 and it does not appear to have the AMG plaque indicating the builder of the engine. Did the C32 always come with one? It has the plastic snap-on cover.

Obviously, it's much more important to me that I have the engine and not the placque. But is there any chance that I could replace it? I'm NOT going to buy it back.

·
Registered
48 Posts
I have the same problem not sure about this but I think only the 03 models have it. It's cool though as long as I have The AMG beast under the hood it's all cool.

·
Registered
14,926 Posts
The early cars didn't have plates.........

Most of the SLK's don't have plates, no matter what year.....

·
Banned
2,629 Posts
MBZAMG32 said:
I have the same problem not sure about this but I think only the 03 models have it. It's cool though as long as I have The AMG beast under the hood it's all cool.
my 04 has one.

·
Registered
1,698 Posts
Bruce R. said:
Most of the SLK's don't have plates, no matter what year.....
wrong. Here's a break down on the 32 engine builder's plate.

02 - does not have the plate

early 03 has the place to put the plate, but no actual plate on it.

mid 03-04 all have the signature plate.

·
W203, W210 Moderator
6,904 Posts
FrankW said:

Agree ! early 03 has the place to put the plate, but no actual plate on it.

·
Registered
14,926 Posts
FrankW said:

Like I said, MOST of the SLK's don't have builder's plates, The fact that they have a place for a plate doesn't change the fact that there is no plate there.....:)

·
Registered
114 Posts
I have a 03 AMG, dont think iv got a plate. Anyone got a picture of where the plate would be? or is it like really obvious (on top?). Just poked my head under the bonnet and spent 5min looking. Or it could be the fact iv had laser eye surgery!!

·
Registered
4 Posts
slk32

My slk 32 with a delivery date of 08/02/2001 has the spot for the plaque on top of the supercharger, but no plaque as that was the way it came from the factory.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
About this Discussion
10 Replies
9 Participants
wislk32
Mercedes-Benz Forum
BenzWorld.org forum is one of the largest Mercedes-Benz owner websites offering the most comprehensive collection of Mercedes-Benz information anywhere in the world. The site includes MB Forums, News, Galleries, Publications, Classifieds, Events and much more!
Full Forum Listing