Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
1989 560 EUROSEL 1984 190e8V 2000 e320 sport
737 Posts
looks like you dont have an ovp it should be a small box silver with a flip cap on top and has a 10 amp fuse in it. usually on the passenger side behind battery, youll see it but looking on this pic doesnt look like you have one in that car what you are holding is fuel pump relay..if you dont have an ovp or fuse is blown in it your car idles at about 2 3 grand

·
Registered
190E 2.6 5spd
372 Posts
looks like you dont have an ovp it should be a small box silver with a flip cap on top and has a 10 amp fuse in it. usually on the passenger side behind battery, youll see it but looking on this pic doesnt look like you have one in that car what you are holding is fuel pump relay..if you dont have an ovp or fuse is blown in it your car idles at about 2 3 grand
One of my cars runs without an OVP and it stills idles at 500 rpm. You sure they idle at 2-3K without one usually?

And it looks like it's missing in the pics.. looking at it, it should be in the empty spot on the right of the other two black boxes. Although yours is a D and '84 so it might perhaps be different than the ones I've seen

·
Registered
737 Posts
looks like he should have one i doint know about diesels but it it sounds like it idling a little low so that would rule out the ovp relay. if you have one what have you replaced ??? what makes you think it is ovp what symptoms and problems????
i know on my 560 sel without my 10 amp fuse it iodles real high i put it in reverse and itll squak my tires my guess about 2 3 k is probably an overestimate

·
Registered
737 Posts
dude it is a silver relay box with a flip top fuse in it if you have one you cannot miss it near the firewall cant miss it but i have been searching for the part online and noone carries them so i am thinkling maybe they dont have an ovp in diesels

1 - 8 of 8 Posts