Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2000 ML320 / 1988 300SE / 1985 380SE / 1969 280SE
180 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
After running the engine for 10 min, the engine temp still stays at lower than 80c degree.
My bet on faulty CTS.

Can anyone please locate CTS. A photo will be appreciated.
I spent 5 hours in going through manual and forum search but no luck.
Is CTS also referred to Water Temp Sender? Or are they different units?
By the way, I have 300SE with chassis 126.024.

Thanks

·
Registered
1982 280 se aut. ecc. - sold
1,607 Posts
I suggest thermostat!

gr J

·
Registered
2007 S550
243 Posts
I believe the coolant temp switch is located on the top of the engine block @ the back. I believe it is green. This may be the same as the thermo time switch. The reason I say this is because I called a dealer looking for a thermo time switch and they corrected me calling it a coolant temp switch. See my recent post

·
CH4S Admin , Outstanding Contributor
1985 500SEC, 1991 190E 2.6.
43,790 Posts
After running the engine for 10 min, the engine temp still stays at lower than 80c degree.
My bet on faulty CTS.

Can anyone please locate CTS. A photo will be appreciated.
I spent 5 hours in going through manual and forum search but no luck.
Is CTS also referred to Water Temp Sender? Or are they different units?
By the way, I have 300SE with chassis 126.024.

Thanks
Have you tried a forum search? The archive has a wealth of information.

Welcome, to take advantage of all the forum features, please re visit the 'Welcome to the Forum' tutorial sticky on top of the W126 page, as well as the two DIY stickies.
It will show how to search the forum (3 words min.), and has a link to the Russian MB site where you can run a VIN#.
Cheers

Attachments

·
Registered
2000 ML320 / 1988 300SE / 1985 380SE / 1969 280SE
180 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Have you tried???

I am also a member of other two Mercedes forums and spent 5 hours last night only to locate Water Temp Sender & Coolant Temp Sensor, and to find out if these two units refer to the same unit.

I know how to do search and I also have Merc CDs. Of course, I have been to Russian MB site to crosscheck the VIN.

The reason I decided to post here was,
I have been there,
I have done that but no luck.
And other members may need the same help.

I am not a lazy bum but never hesistate to explore unknown area.:cool:
Thanks for your kind help but I have already gone through your sticky post for newbies.

Unlike 380SE, there isn't much info on 300SE.
I may do further search in W124 forum until someone is willing to provide true help.

Have you tried a forum search? The archive has a wealth of information.

Welcome, to take advantage of all the forum features, please re visit the 'Welcome to the Forum' tutorial sticky on top of the W126 page, as well as the two DIY stickies.
It will show how to search the forum (3 words min.), and has a link to the Russian MB site where you can run a VIN#.
Cheers

1 - 5 of 5 Posts