Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
Vogon constructor fleet.
9,458 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The AC compressor sheared off the pulley on my wife's '03 C240 (along with the belt idler pulley and the belt itself) so I have to replace the compressor. I have read that the AC accumulator/dryer should be replaced if the system is opened.

Where is the dryer located and how do I replace it?

Thanks in advance!

·
Registered
4 Posts
Look to the passengers side of radiator (left). It is sealed in a tube about an inch in diameter. There is a large nut at the top, accessible from the top, near left hood latch. Very obvious when u see it. There is a warning not to open it.

Just did the same. U will need a new compressor, oring set (compressor did not come with it), r134 (750 grams), new drier, vacuum pump, manifold gauge, 6mm hex bit, and very very small hands. Good luck. Let me know if u have any questions.

·
Registered
Vogon constructor fleet.
9,458 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Look to the passengers side of radiator (left). It is sealed in a tube about an inch in diameter. There is a large nut at the top, accessible from the top, near left hood latch. Very obvious when u see it. There is a warning not to open it.
I just went out to the Garage to check...if it's next to the radiator (left or right) it's damn well hidden. I didn't see it from above or below.

I've been told that, on some models, it's located in the "fishwell" behind the firewall. Does that apply to the '03 C240 as well?

·
Registered
Vogon constructor fleet.
9,458 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Just did the same. U will need a new compressor, oring set (compressor did not come with it), r134 (750 grams), new drier, vacuum pump, manifold gauge, 6mm hex bit, and very very small hands. Good luck. Let me know if u have any questions.
Okay...the compressor I ordered comes with the O-rings, I've got a dryer coming as well, I can rent a vacuum pump & manifold gauge and, yeah, I've got very small hands already! LOL. R134 and oil I can get anywhere.

I don't see where the accumulator/dryer is though..not on my car. Is it hidden behind the fan shroud maybe?

·
Registered
Vogon constructor fleet.
9,458 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Okay, I found it! It was hidden under a bit of the hood/headlight seal and had a cover on it. Your pics helped greatly!! It's been driving me crazy trying to figure out where that damn thing was!

Also, I'll order the o-rings separately....just in case. The compressor I've ordered is also the OEM Denzo.

Thanks for the heads up! :thumbsup:

1 - 7 of 7 Posts