Mercedes-Benz Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
1997 W210 E320, 1999 W163 ML430, 2002 W203 C240
761 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I took my 99 Ml430 to the stealer to check out an engine leak and he was kind enough to inspect the entire SUV for free. (WOW)

1. He said the bushings where worn out? he never told me which ones...
2.He said i needed new front rotors because they where almost past the safe mark.

He was cool enough to sell me two front mercedes oem rotors at his cost $80 but he could not do the same for the pads because he said mercedes pads suck.lol
he told me to look online for them instead because mercedes pads wear out faster because of the soft material used to save the rotors. Well guys now i need pads and cant seem to find a good source. Please help, thanks in advance.

·
Registered
2002 ML 500, 1994 Ford Explorer donated to Doctors without Borders
2,126 Posts
Do you know what brake pads you want?

I bought mine from buybrakes dot com. I wanted to try the EBC "redstuff" pads. I also bought front and rear rotors (EBC also).

Soft pads shouldn't be so bad if they save your rotors. The pads are relatively cheap to replace. Resistance to fading is more important. Once you decide which brakes you want, you'll have lots of choices on where to buy.

·
Registered
536 Posts
I bought mine at Advance Auto Parts, $26.00 after military discount, just replaced rear breaks after 60,000 miles with the Advance breaks pads.

·
Registered
02 S430 - 00 ML55 - 91 NSX
259 Posts
I tried Posi-Quiet from Ebay reseller with good results.

I also tried Akebono-Euro from Tire rack on a BMW they are great too.

They will both give you dustless operations.

·
Premium Member
02 ML320; 08 E350 4MATIC - P1 & SPORT PKG
320 Posts
Raybestos QuiteStop is pretty good...

·
Registered
2000 ML430, 2000 C280
920 Posts
Why do so many people on this forum misspell 'quiet' as 'quite'? I see it all over the place. Must be a spelling checker thing as both are valid words, like break and brake. For those interested in the Raybestos product, as I am, do your Google search with two separate words: "Quiet Stop".

DelJ

lorryfan said:
Raybestos QuiteStop is pretty good...

·
Registered
2002 ML 500, 1994 Ford Explorer donated to Doctors without Borders
2,126 Posts
My EBC pads arrived today, but I won't put them on until next weekend. My rotors appear black. I don't know if this is a finish that will wear off, or if I have the wrong rotors... Has anyone EVER seen black rotors on a car?

1 - 12 of 12 Posts