Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1994 C280
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello everyone,

I am newbie to a 94 US specs C280. The vehicle has factory cassette/AM/FMradio with CD button but no factory CD changer was installed

However the original window sticker indicates the vehicle is pre-wired for CD changer. I am trying to locate this pre-wired cable for an after market APLINE CD changer from Crutchfield.

Under the trunk mat, I removed the plastic cover located forward of the spare tire that was secured with three plastic screws, but I did not find any open-ended CD cable.

Is this where the CD cable should be found or should I remove the cardboard covering the right hinge of the trunk to see if the CD cable is placed in the hollow space between the cardboard cover and the rear panel?

What other accessories do I need assuming the CD cable is located from the rear panel space? Thanks in advance.

Tony
SF, CA

·
Registered
14 Posts
Look where the battery is then at the paneling in front of it toward the front of the car. Pretty much above the wheel well. Pull that paneling down and you should find it up in there

·
Registered
1994 C280
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Hawks,

Wow! I did not expect such a quick response. I will check it out in the garage tomorrow.

Do you or anyone else has experience to share with installing an aftermarket CD changer using the pre-wire cable?

Many thanks!

Regards,

Tony
SF, CA

·
Registered
14 Posts
You have to get one with the old style connector..forget what it is called. The alpine cd changer model CHM-S630 will work with the a benz interface cable....think the cables are cheap

1 - 5 of 5 Posts