Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
93 300SD,79 300CD work in progress
48 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
We really don't have any local sources for parts in our area.I usually have to buy online which isn't to bad except for the wait.The closest dealer we have is 150 miles away in OKC and we have had less than satisfactory experience with them.They are also extremely proud of their parts and service,as some others have stated about their dealers.I have used Peachparts with good luck,although some of their stuff is a little pricey,they do provide great service and support.I have also used Us Auto parts they are comparable to Peachparts and alot lof times less expensive for the same items.So where do you buy your parts and why?I have yet to find anywhere to buy good used parts and we have no pull-a-parts or local import yards.Thanks.

·
Registered
1994 S420
310 Posts
Parts Sources

I am very new owner and have bought from Ebay listings as follows with high satisfaction for my 1994 S420

BOSCH OEM Vacum PUMP from Car Parts 4 Less - username eseller956
List $1000 paid $330 and $15 approx shipping. Item dropped right in an plugged right up and was working with no hassles. Arrived in OEM box.

OEM ? Window Regulator from EuroStar (I think they have about five different selling names including Eurasia Auto....username deutschepartsusa.
Only issue here was existing/original OEM regulator motor bolts did not match threads for newly purchased regulator...paid less than $40 so the $5 work around was worth the temporary hassles.

ABout to buy motor mounts from German Imports of Chatsworth, CA ebay seller name is fivestar007

I have been to local Pull A Part and the available body/chassis are stripped of stuff I needed long before I get there.

Good Luck, and please share your experiences as well.

·
Registered
1998 S600 LWB 2011 GLK 350 4matic 2013 Sprinter 2500
412 Posts
My local indie parts supply can get MB stuff shipped in from Sacramento in hours. It costs a little more than Autohaus, but some days its worth it.

·
Registered
'98 E300, '10 GL350 Bluetec
1,250 Posts
Most of what I buy comes from Autohaus AZ; their parts are OEM and they have free shipping >$50. I have never had a problem with either the service or parts fitment.

For the rare time I chase used parts, I will look at Mercedes Source first.

·
Registered
2006 S500 AMG Wifes Rig Hillbilly Girl 02 ML320
2,332 Posts
I get my parts from Eddie A. the pahts guy or Mr. Hamilton the other parts guy up in the COOOOLD north. Keep warm buddy!!!!

Smokie

·
Registered
99 S320 (Sold at 280,000 miles) 2010 S550, 2008 C300, 08 SLK
437 Posts
I'll vouch for Randy Steele at Autopartsguru.com He's a really nice guy and will bend over backwards to help you.

·
Registered
2009 E63, 2000 ML430
727 Posts
I second AZ Autohaus. I even returned an item i had sitting around for awhile, no questions asked.

·
Registered
1995 Mercedes-Benz S420 (W140), 1997 BMW 740iL (E38), 2011 C300 Luxury (W204)
1,314 Posts
I third AZ Autohaus. Have nothing but good from them. I ordered a mirror once and it had arrived, cracked. They sent a replacement with free 2nd day delivery and gave me a shipping label to return the old one. They're my first option when looking for OE parts.

Genuine Mercedes Parts would be my next recommendation. I believe they are a online wholesale retailer from a dealership. So, genuine parts as always. I choose them when there are not parts at autohaus. You can search by part number, very easy to find OE parts. Downside is they're pricier than most places, but they are still wholesale prices, beats going to the dealer.

There are good members who can supply you with used parts. Be careful though, make sure you verify the part number with existing unit. Once someone tried to sell me a harness that wasn't even the right one (after supplying vin number). Checked my original and did not match.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts