Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
2008 PT, 1998 neon--1965 VW 1200
2,533 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
after tracking down the demons in this little(not so much) car amd getting it almost detailed to my own personal standard, i realize now i have to go on a quest for little do-hickies and pieces of plastic.

First on the list is a passengers side rear view mirror, im not one of those people that looks over his shoulder to change lanes. im quickly changing that, but it still bothers me only having one mirror!

the car is an absolute standard model. it has no sunroof, hubcaps, crank windows, manual a/c, manual antenna(sp?) not even a front armrest!!(thats second on the list)

i have not had time to fish around the local junk yards to see if they have a car with matching interior. so thats on my to do list on spring break(yay!)

is the armrest a stand-alone piece? is it integrated into a seat? these little old cars arent so common(i bought the first one i saw for sale...) around here and i havent had a chance to examine a nice(read: optioned) model as yet to see for myself.

what about the wooden trim pieces, i have black plastic, i want to dress it up some on the console and switch panel(it isnt the dash trim, thats wood already) the only switch panels ive seen are for climate controlled cars, and i have a little switch for the a/c compressor between the switches. was that panel ever made in a wooden finish?

would a black dash look terrible in a blue interior? id like to replace my cracked dash, but i hear blue cracks more easily than the other colors. i didnt think black would look terrible, but who knows!

and finally(i bet you like that!)

can i fit a power antenna to the car? blank switches really bother me! that would leave one dead switch, hmm...

are these panel switches of a common variety? id like to fit an accessory to use the last dead switch(an integrated fm tuner for the ipod, so i dont have an ugly aftermarket stereo in there) could i find a blank of the exact same style? or ought i use a factory switch and modify the picture(it'd be *HOT* if it had a lighted icon like the rest of the switches) hmm... thanks for your time!

·
Registered
'85 300D Turbo
79 Posts
I don't ahve answers to all of your questions, but you can find most parts here:

http://www.performanceproducts.com/

Good luck,

-Tim

1 - 2 of 2 Posts