Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
MB 550e 2016
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
well I love my 2016 S550 but I hate what they did about placement of USB ports (which do no charge) and the tiny place they expected you to put you phone in the center console. Any suggestions, I have one of those arms that come out of cig lighter, wtf was MB thinking putting that in a real ashtrash that blocks the cup holder???

What are you folks doing?

·
Registered
2013 S55
3 Posts
Was just thinking the same thing. I have a 2015 S550 and was wondering what the best way to charge the phone and keep the charging wire tucked away. I guess based on the charging port location Mercedes is suggesting keeping the phone in the armrest while charging.

·
Registered
2015 S550 4matic
7 Posts
.I keep it in my pocket, and USB1 charges, so if I need to charge, i put it in the center console., otherwise, i never use my phone driving.

·
Registered
MB 550e 2016
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Well that doesn't help me setup my streaming app and use Waze. Also the center console in the 16' doesn't charge the phone, not enough power!

·
Registered
MB 550e 2016
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I at least found a solution to get power, buy an Aker flush mount cigarette lighter adapter and run the cord out of the ash tray and close it, good solid power and looks pretty cool. Now for a vent mount holder and problem solved.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts