Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I have actually seen one in Central New Jersey...two tone...Purple and silver...Denmark plates....nice looking TINY car....

·
Registered
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
People who move here from Europe are allowed to bring over their Smart Car for 6 months, at which times they have to send it back to Europe.

·
Registered
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Try here

http://www.emotionmobility.com<br> http://www.angelfire.com/fl4/smartcarusa/<br> http://www.detlefs-rentals.com/<br>

·
Registered
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I'd like to know too. I just saw one in Dallas yesterday. Mercedes emblem, AMG logo, wild blue color scheme. Texas license tags. Someone must be selling them here now.

·
Registered
2001 SLK 320 6MT
462 Posts
wow that is cool, but too bad if a big explorer, suburban, navigator, etc hits it, ur dead

·
Registered
449 Posts
Did you check out the crash test photos and comments?

I wouldn't take one on a high-speed road, but I'd feel pretty safe driving around town. This car has a lot of safety features as well as a very rigid space frame and energy absorbing front end.

·
Registered
1 Posts
i know where to buy a smart

there is this place called detlefs rentals he sells the smart but he only gets 1 a month

·
Registered
49 Posts
When! When are they in the US?

I live in San Francisco, I just saw one get on Highway 280 and to my surprise the thing left me in the dust.

If the price was right that little car would be great as a 2nd car for city and local travel. Something like that would enable people like my self to get ride of two Jetta sized cars replace them with a Smart and a slightly larger car for trips and hauling people. Cost wise it would be great, plus the savings in gas would be really nice!

I've looked everywhere online can cant find any info on California based Smart Cars. How would I find one for closer inspection?

The builder needs to get with it! I would have reconsidered my recent motorcycle purchase if these cars were available and priced between $5000 and $9000 US.

·
Registered
02 MCC SmarT Car
6 Posts
Re: Re: Where do I get one

I'd like to know too. I just saw one in Dallas yesterday. Mercedes emblem, AMG logo, wild blue color scheme. Texas license tags. Someone must be selling them here now.
That was actually my car that you saw in Dallas, i have actually sold 3 of them here. which makes 4 total in Dallas
my 02 blue Cabrio
03 Silver coupe
01 red Cabrio
and a 03 Crossblade
as for the legalization you will have to deal with all that your self. but i can get the car here in america.
469-916-2992 or e-mail me at [email protected] if your seriosly intrested

·
Registered
02 MCC SmarT Car
6 Posts
Re: wow that is cool, but too bad if a big explorer, suburban, navigator, etc hits it, ur dead

i actually have a MCC Smart car and been hit by a girl in a 4runner that rad a red light. her 4runner was pretty mangled and i just bounced off the 4runner did 4 complete spins ended up with a shattered front end and a broken headlamp. As for the Police and insurance people they were all shocked to see the car wasnt badly damaged. as for the 4runner they all thought i should have been dead. LOL

·
Registered
2000 s 430
8 Posts
where to get a smart

i was in italy just recently and was fascinated by the smart car. i found a place in maryland, 410-544-2225. as an example they had a 2002 for $10k + conversion and freight. new in italy they were $10,500 euro.

·
Registered
1999 ML 430
135 Posts
Hey! TW10-----------------

i am also live in SF, and i am interest in the smart's too, let me know if you find any info. about it.
[:D]

·
Registered
CLK 230k Cabrio
15 Posts
Smart is cool

Just to wet the appetites a little!
I moved to Germany some 3 years ago - 2 years ago I was interested in a Smart, seemed practical but my wife was like "oh please forget it" - so I just bought one anyway!
I got myself the Diesel Smart - 3 cylinder 700 (or was that 800) cc. Dual Airbags, Sound System and alot of bells and whistles I did not really expect (like Tiptronic, 15" alloy wheels).
Anyway, wife fell in love with the car - especially after I put the bullbar on!
We drove it for 2 years, 20Km distance on the Autobahn was cool, motor cut out at around 140km/h though - but was really enjoyable. Overtaking alot of cars that stuck to the speed limits (when there where speed limits) - but if it is windy, she is all over the road.
Problem is if you take it for longer runs, or cruises between cities...this becomes big work and alot of frustration when you cant overtake, and get pushed everywhere by the other drivers.
But in City it is the best! alot of fun to drive.
Shopping, Trunk space I hear you asking about? - no problem, we used to get 4 or 5 cases of beer in it, with other groceries...sometimes you may need to take a few minutes to organise the packing, but at the end we always got it loaded.
I can also HIGHLY recommend the Diesel -Brilliant car. I have driven a few Benzin ones and they are not as comfortable as the Diesel - the Diesel Torque on that little motor makes it great.

The posts on Safety I have read hear sound true! I have seen the crash tests on the Tele, the Smart safety cell is very strong.

We ended up trading the Smart in after two years (I bought it new) for a CLK cabrio - and my wife cried for like the whole day!! She is not excited about the CLK, no she misses the smart!

If you guys get the chance, take one for a burn...you'll love it!
Brabus also has some really cool modifications for them - body and performance (for those with endless flows of cash).

Check out the Smart website for info etc - www.smart.com

Keep it real - Live the Dream!
Eugen

1 - 16 of 16 Posts