Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2000 E430 4M (SOLD) 2002 Jetta TDI 5MT Stage 2 tuned
238 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've been searching and Ebay seems to be the best choice? Do places like autohaus etc not seem to want to sell shift knobs?

My factory grey leather knob is loose as a goose and it's just worn-out looking... Makes me think about the previous owner's big hairy mits all over it...
I'd like a grey leather one that mataches the Ash leather of my interior, but I'd get a wood one that matches the same color wood as my dash. I remember on a previous car I installed one that had 3 tiny allenwrench screws that tightened the knob in place on the metal shaft. Seems cool that we even have this option to change the knob with an automatic. Luckily MB did not put any dumb buttons on the shifter.
Seems like alot of knobs are $150, which is exactly $100 more than I want to spend on one. Anyone else swapped knobs?

·
Registered
2000 E430 Sport Sedan
387 Posts
Got mine

from mymecedes.com i think is the site. Best $118 i have spent. Got that ugly, cheap looking stock one gone. They should have put nice shift knobs and steering wheels in these cars to start with.Mine is wood and chrome with the Mercedes logo.

·
Registered
238 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks, I think you are referring to www.*************.com ? I just ordred from them. That is the first site that actually gives you multiple pictures of a shift knob. :thumbsup: Thanks again.

Hmm, the address is starred out... it's "for my mercedes . com"

·
Registered
238 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Just got this burl wood/ light grey leather knob from Jerry @ for my mercedes . com Really like it...
I would recommend this site for MB accessories. I actually originally ordered the wrong color knob and Jerry called me up in the evening and said there's a better knob for your specific interior. Saved me a headache and return-process, and he got it right the first time. 2 thumbs up :thumbsup::thumbsup:

Attachments

1 - 5 of 5 Posts