Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1,293 Posts
Are SEE's not just a U900 derivative for the military??? Ya,ya 24v, crap on back, crap on front....still a U900 up front though???
I'm sure someone here will give you the correct answer.
G Vavra

·
Registered
859 Posts
Standard hoses available from any of the Unimog Dealers.

What might be more of an interesting question is where are the SILICONE HOSES coming from on the a majority of the SEE's that we have seen. I cannot find any reference by MB to official silicone hoses, however these last six SEE's I picked up 5 of the 6 were silicone hose equipped.

My guess is that a vendor decided to have the silicone hoses made up for a military contract..........and they are really nice too.

Cheers,

Scott

·
1,659 Posts
How about calling Scott at EI or Von as suggested in other posts.
I don't think someone here will post something magic like: go to Napa and slip the guy $20 and whisper part # NA2390 in his ear.
I know you have posted in the Wanted sticky but it may take some time - keep adding to that post with what you need.
Good luck with your SEE project!

·
Registered
859 Posts
Answering my own question on this one. This week we are processing a couple of tons of SEE parts that just came in and wonder of wonders opened a pallet container of SEE cooling hoses. What was surprising to me was I had been under the understanding that the Silicone coolant hoses on the SEE were not MB......that is apparently not the case.

Once I have some time to compare and post, it looks like all of the 406/416 coolant hoses should be available in Silicone......with MB as a potential supplier.

Cheers,

Scott

Attachments

1 - 7 of 7 Posts