Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
326 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi

I have a buyer who wants to ship my SL500 to Macedonia but needs the TUV certificate before he can import the car.

It is a japanese import.

Any ideas what one is and where I can get one from?

Cheers!

·
Registered
4,527 Posts
Fiorano just a thought: if you have a Dekra shop in Dubai you could ask them if they can provide a TUB certificate of some sort.
Probably the Macedonia chap is referring to some sort of technical sheet to import the car to his county but this is just guessing from my part.

Hope it helps.

Cheers.

·
Registered
326 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Hi Guys

Thanks for your help.

Apparently its to do with the regulations in Europe - lights, indicators not tied to side lights, tyre specs . . that sort of stuff.

MBARSI - DEKRA don't exist in my part of the woods unfortunately :(

Any other suggestions?

Cheers!

·
Registered
160 Posts
Hi

I have a buyer who wants to ship my SL500 to Macedonia but needs the TUV certificate before he can import the car.

It is a japanese import.

Any ideas what one is and where I can get one from?

Cheers!
Hi Fiorano,

in Germany and several other European countries all cars must pass a road-worthiness test before it can be registered. In Germany this check can be done by either done by the TüV or Dekra (hence a TüV or Dekra certific ate). Naturally, if you don't have anything like that in Dubai you wont be able to supply one to the buyer.

The buyer should check with his local authorities what documents he needs for importing a car from Dubai.

All the best

Stuart

·
Registered
701 Posts
I think what he means is the Tasjeel certificate, thats what we call it in our part of the world, we have to pass the inspection test and pay all the fines before renewing the registration.

·
Registered
4,527 Posts
Hi Guys

Thanks for your help.

Apparently its to do with the regulations in Europe - lights, indicators not tied to side lights, tyre specs . . that sort of stuff.

MBARSI - DEKRA don't exist in my part of the woods unfortunately :(

Any other suggestions?

Cheers!
Hi Fiorano I'm sorry but since UAE has pretty tight relationships with Ferrari and Dekra is/was kinda connected to Maranello I thought Dekra had some offices in Dubai or Abu Dhabi.

As an aside I might be in Abu Dhabi around Christmas :).

Cheers.

·
10,293 Posts
This is similar to DOT certification...

The car you re importing is not compliant with tuv because it was intended to be japan market.

Speaking from what i know about DOT compliance when importing a E1 compliant car, you have to get a list of required components to replace in your car, to be able to register it in Macedonia, these are typically adometer, headlights, and cat converters, and sometimes bumpers...

1 - 11 of 11 Posts