Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
2001 CLK 430
174 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Replacement lenses for the bumper. I dont like the orange lens and I seen a CLK with the bumper Lenses silver.

Is it a lens or a cap?

·
Registered
387 Posts
$95 bucks for something that costs $40 to paint? LOL

you COULD always wait a little bit because once my euro-spec Parktronic strips are here, I'll be selling my front bumper impact strip. It's painted Brilliant Silver and has the holes for the bumper lights shaved out. Much cleaner than painted lenses.

·
Registered
CL
297 Posts
JoshKeaton - 3/31/2005 3:44 PM

$95 bucks for something that costs $40 to paint? LOL.
i dont make the prices [;)]

JoshKeaton - 3/31/2005 3:44 PM
because once my euro-spec Parktronic strips are here, I'll be selling my front bumper impact strip.
how much is the whole project costing you?
are you getting the parts from steve?
are you doing the install yourself?

·
Registered
1999 CLK430 Coupe
317 Posts
i got mine during e v o sports winter sale, who knows they may still have some on sale. give 'em a call.

·
Registered
1999 CLK430 Coupe
317 Posts
i got mine during e v o sports winter sale, who knows they may still have some on sale. give 'em a call.

·
Registered
91 Posts
Was it hard to replace the side markers and did the clear ones from * fit well?

·
Registered
1999 CLK430 Coupe
317 Posts
they aren't clear, they are painted with factory matched paint. and they use o.e.m. markers so they fit exactly as the amber ones. take a small flat head screwdriver and very carefully pop one side out and it comes out easily. don't scratch your paint!

·
Registered
387 Posts
BKLYNbenz - 3/31/2005 12:58 PM
how much is the whole project costing you?
are you getting the parts from steve?
are you doing the install yourself?
It's going to be a very expensive project. It requires 10 painted sensors (about 60-65 apiece), new impact strips for front and rear, two wiring harnesses, two dash displays, the parktronic brain, the switch, and a new wood panel to surround the gear shift with the appropriate button hole.

I'm sure this mod will run at or a bit over the $2k mark, but I'm basically converting my car over to Euro Spec and it will be nice to have a feature that was never available on US-Spec CLK's.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts