Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Its a "clamp" that goes between exhaust pipes but I find it when I do a search at a various auto parts distributors. Maybe it's called by a different name, any info into the matter will be helpful thanks.

Attachments

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I checked before I posted. Still could not find it though,maybe Im calling it by the wrong name.To me its an exhaust clamp but when I "search" it a different part comes up. Go figure...

·
Registered
31,633 Posts
My apologies, I'm on a smartphone so the pic is pretty useless.

However, since you are in the states you can get free access to the EPC, just google startek epc and you'll find the site. Of course you have to register, but that's it...then you have the entire Mercedes parts database at your disposal, all tied to your VIN. When I ordered my cats and exhaust parts it was great and there is a section just for exhaust as I recall.

Take care and enjoy the ride,
Greg

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
thanks Kajtek1 and gregs210, i went to the EPC net site but I didnt get a parts number either. I may have to fax pictures to new and used MB parts dealers to find it. thanks guys

·
Registered
18 Posts
Is that part really needed? Mine was making a bad rattle so i took it off. Its been off for a while now and have had no problems with my exhaust.

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
prichmbz,

i dont have one and it rattles all the time,so i figured it would help. someone did a poor job on this cars exhaust(previous owner) and its missing hangers and clamps.

Attachments

·
Registered
6,019 Posts
Get one from

mbpartsonline.com
used will work just as good as new and they won't screw you like the dealer will.Also check your local foreign car wrecking yard.
:bowdown:

·
Registered
31,633 Posts
gregs210, i went to the EPC net site but I didnt get a parts number either.
aak, I don't know what you were looking at with the EPC, but I found them with no problem, pictures, part numbers and all, exactly as I told you:

Attachments

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
thanks naptown/ thanks greg,
when I did my search I entered e420(8 cylinder) I noticed that diagram said 6 cylinder.That's probably why I didnt find it, but it shouldnt make a differance when installed.Thanks again guys

1 - 14 of 14 Posts