Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
ML55AMG
176 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i like the silver roof rails, but i cant find anyone selling them on ebay. the dealer wants $600.

is it easy to change the rails? i see a cover on the ends of the rails. is there a trick in removing them?

·
Registered
1999 ML320 (Sold)
404 Posts
I've seen them when you log onto the german ebay. Most of those sellers will answer you in english.

·
Registered
1999 ML320 (Sold)
404 Posts
here they are I dont know what the cost is maybe someone who understands german can help?

http://cgi.ebay.de/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&category=44217&item=7958410435&rd=1

·
Registered
1,225 Posts
Hey Pize, those are the Mercedes carrier bars in aluminum - not sure if that's what this thread refers to.

·
Registered
1999 ML320 (Sold)
404 Posts
do you know what the price is that the seller is asking? I would get them if they were inexpensive. Thanks

·
Registered
1,225 Posts
pize98 - 3/5/2005 9:12 PM

do you know what the price is that the seller is asking? I would get them if they were inexpensive. Thanks
The auction is for "Alustyle" basic carrier for the ML. He says shipping is possible (seller is not sure about shipping costs yet) but the seller prefers pickup - auction is currently for Germany only. The current price is 92 Euro, which you can multiply by 1.33 to get US$ price. The only payment method possible is bank transfer though (Ãœberweisung) which will easily add $25-30 to the price.

·
Registered
'05 ML350SE
1,395 Posts
There are two alternate possibilities.
1. Wait a bit and some will be available through an auto dismanteler such as PGAuto.
2. Your present rails might be aluminum in which case they just need to be 'refinished' by removing the black finish and then anodizing the rails.

·
Registered
99 ML430
18 Posts
I may be able to help if you are interested. I live in germany and can have the seller ship to my german address. I can then mail them to you in the states via US post. It may be a bit of an akward way of getting your rails but if you're interested email me.

·
Registered
2014 ML350 BlueTec
2,626 Posts
AMG NUZI - 3/5/2005 11:08 AM

i like the silver roof rails, but i cant find anyone selling them on ebay. the dealer wants $600.

is it easy to change the rails? i see a cover on the ends of the rails. is there a trick in removing them?
WOW!!!! My dealer wants $600.00 Canadian...l haven't been able to find them, anywhere else...[:(]

·
Registered
1999 ML320 (Sold)
404 Posts
Soldaten thanks for the offer. I might check around for awhile but I do check the german ebay from time to time and its good to know someone on this forum can help thanks.

·
Registered
99 ML430
18 Posts
pize98 - 3/7/2005 4:05 AM

Soldaten thanks for the offer. I might check around for awhile but I do check the german ebay from time to time and its good to know someone on this forum can help thanks.
No problem. I'm new here but the people of this forum helped me out. If I can return the favor I'ld be glad to.

·
Registered
2000 ML320 1987 560SL
231 Posts
I never looked at my black ones that close. The straight sections were certainly aluminum extrusions and I guess the anchor sections must be the same material. Instructions on how to remove them are already on this site. I expect that an industrial plater that does anodizing will charge very little. You only need them to strip them and apply a clear finish. The stripping process should polish them. If you just let them know what you want it shouldn't be a big deal. I expect that is what the factory finish is anyway. My guess is that it will be less than $200 (10 pcs x $20).

1 - 12 of 12 Posts