Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
2005 C240 4-Matic
384 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have had a set of wheels mounted and balanced 19 inch and now I am scared my stock lugs are not guna work or are going to fuck things up... how do I know/how can i find out if they will work or not..

·
Registered
2005 C240 4-Matic
384 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
wavykat you are my hero...

you and a few other champs on this board like FrankW and Hman... :)

·
Registered
C320 4matic
1,743 Posts
So how is the entire process coming along? You never updated me? Whered you get your tires? When do you expect to have these rims on?

·
Registered
2005 C240 4-Matic
384 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
ok So I just got back from the F'ing Shop....

First off, the place is well known for being able to handle up to 26 inch wheels mount and balance... and they are super cheap... mount and balance for my 19's was 18 a wheel which included 4 chrome valve sleeves and caps...

When I got to the shop to pick them up (during lunch break and driving like a crazy man cus I get 45 mins and the place is at least 30 mins away) the guy is alone in the shop... all his people are gone I am like great so I put the car on the lift and am like dude lets just do it...

I wanted to see if they would fit.. they dont... the lugs hung out like 2mm to far and the wheel had wobble in the back... didnt even try the front... prob should have but no time so just threw everything in the car.... Then the guy is like ok its 92 $ for everything, so I hand him 75 bucks and I am like thats a 3 dollar tip for helping me try out the tires, but I was told 18 a wheel and thats what I am paying (i was pissed cus they didnt fit) he was bitching as I drove off then called me about 2 mins later to apologize he had the math wrong and thank you for the tip and yada yada yada... so now I am stuck with 4 sick ass rims in the damned back seat... GRRR

Well now I know I need new bolts so I am trying to figure out where to get them... I think getting Spacers might do the same thing as getting shorter bolts no ?? but I would rather just get the bolts as everyone else says...

once I get them I am prob just guna button em up myself... or hit a local spot that I wont have to pay...

moral i guess is got a good price... still not done...

So far though I am doing pretty well.... Black 2 pc 19' wheels new 600$ (2) General tire 235/35/19 and (2) General tire 265/30/19 both sets UHP which is the good ones from general 600$ and 75$ for mount balance chrome valve and caps.

under 1300$ for a nice set of wheels is damn good in my book considering back in the day I spent 1350 $ on a shitty set of 17s for import... but those had nitto extremes on it. *shrug*

heh

UGHHH I just wish I could get them on the F'in car.... ne way PJAY... when they are on we are doing some hampton cruizing.... hahah

WHAT ABOUT A Benz-World MEET NYC Long Island get to gether ?? haha

·
Registered
2005 C240 4-Matic
384 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
oh and yea I roll back from lunch to work in a suit with a mechanics hands... that looked real good hahaha

·
Registered
1983 Euro 500SEC AMG, 83 SEC custom convertible, 2x 84 500SEC, 02 w203coupe, euro 1985 300d
1,579 Posts
get the bolts by the german company RAD They make factory ones that are better than anything the tuner shops can scare up----I used to have a problem with my rear ones snapping all the time with my 19" on---untill i found these (another way china is trying to kill us all with crappy steel lugs that are cheaply made) type RAD on eghey to find this seller---he will sell you them in any quantitys of 10 or higher most lengths and all ball seats

·
Registered
2005 C240 4-Matic
384 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
ball seat ?? i thought they had to be cone seat !? ughh few local shops saying they dont even have them but I think there just to f'in lazy to do it... GRRRR

just want them to be on the fucking whip already..

·
Registered
2005 C240 4-Matic
384 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
ok MORE updates... just got off the line with parts department...

stock for a 05 c240 4 matic I am told by parts depo - 12x1.5x40mm Round Seat

when I bolted up the back end... it was like 4 mm's too long.. max... least thats what it felt like...

Should I go buy 12.1.5x36mm or something and see if they are snug ?

I dont wana keep running around like a chicken with out a head :(

·
Registered
2003 c240
254 Posts
only thing I can think of is hitting every freaking wheel/tire place in town and see if they have them. Do you guys have WheelWorks in your area? I had to order bolts once and they were like "we dont have them" but I can have them here by 4:00pm!
Anyhow,
Good luck man! it sounds like getting these wheels on your car has become an adventure!

·
Registered
2005 C240 4-Matic
384 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
ADVENTURE UP DATE... I wana fucking killsomeone... hahah

so today i go at lunch again, found a place that has them tells me there the right ones smaller then stock, I measure they are I buy them 80bucks... fucking rip off but there all locks and comes with differnet keys... ok fine I do it.

Now I go to the shop owned by a friend and boom buckle em on
give em a whirl and they move free no rubbing...
AWFUL FUCKING CLOSE but there straight!!! wooowooo fucking nice...

drop it back down no rubbing looking SOOOO FUCKING SWEET

drive down the road...

CLICK CLICK CLICK CLICK CLICK

WTF ???

go back... bolts are still too long there hitting the ebrake springs in side the hub... MFGDUGHHHHHH

ok lets grind them... I am late now to get back to work and it will take only a lil more time

GRIND GRIND GRIND GRIND (with my friend in work clothes)

put back on... still barely barely clik clik clik

at this point i wana kill someone... put stock back on
race back to work
covered in tire shit and brakedust... car is filthy no inside cus had to put dirty wheels inside even with blankets and shit its gross...

Have to go back and grind more tommaro...
BOSS IS PISSED i am 2 hours on lunch not 30-45 mins...

and I have to work late...

Benzo why are you so mean to meeeee !!! hahaha

tommaro... back to the grind wheel.. for real....
and hopefully i finally get what I wanted...

oh god it looked sooo fucking sweeet it was such a tease....

·
Registered
2005 C240 4-Matic
384 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
the nightmare continues :( been to 17 shops today... not one has one idea how to help and all say "oh I cant get those" fucking sucks... I found one place that is like yea might work but i only have one... now i look and this one is shorter then the stock shorter then the aftermarket ones and shorter then that aftermarket ones that I cut buy a lil bit... I am thinking I will have him order up a full set of those... then try to fucking get them on...

some one said try to get MINI cooper lugs but I dont know what to think about that...

"sigh"

I am nearly guna give up....

Spacers maybe ? but then my wheels will stick out like fucking matchbox cars...

UGHHHH...

·
Registered
2005 C240 4-Matic
384 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
whats a fastener store ?? like a home depot ? or a hardware store ?

·
Registered
2005 C240 4-Matic
384 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
THEY ARE ON!!!!

haha after 200+ miles of looking and 16 stores later for day 2 sunday....

I have found the right size and everything...

so far I got slaughtered on cost though cus the first ones since I cut them I couldnt return them... so 80$ right there gone :(

but I dont even wana talk about the adventure ever again... I just know that I have had a shit eating grin on my face for the past 24 hours and I am in love with the way it looks

the car is a lil high off the ground, and H&R springs are a soon to be done item I think... but I am just happy that it does not look SUV style... it is really not all that bad... the back is fine the front as a lil gap but its nothing compaired to other cars I have seen...

PICS TO FOLLOW when I get a chacne to take some... I will post up a new thread with them...

THANK YOU TO EVERYONE WHO HELPED...
and anyone who I got to rant to a lil thanks :)

·
Registered
2005 C240 4-Matic
384 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
thanks Frank as usual :) do you know any sites that have them for sale ?? also.. they are indeend a rough look as the backs are just barely in there... not sure if lowering the rear is guna be possiable !! hahaha 9.5 rear is a snug fit...

·
Registered
2005 C240 4-Matic
384 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
oh and ther is alot of tuner shops... but no one wants to mess with benz in my experiance :( everyone heres benz and the first thing they say is sorry we dont do that....

I hit no joke 26 shops this weekend drove alll over the place covered all of fucking long island... I should of just went into queens.

Ahh well there on now.. I just wish I wasnt workin so fucking much so I could get a nice day in the sun for some more pics...

1 - 20 of 23 Posts