Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
slk 200
91 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
just bean on the daimler chrysler web site they recon they have sold 35000 r171s so far not seen any on the road for at least a month [:(] where are they all ?

ps is the route back from bremen to the uk straight forword

·
Registered
SLK350
693 Posts
I have sat nav so the route was easy peasy, via Bruges. It depends where you want to stop over, you could do it the same day as well, but it would be a looong drive to Manchester. In short there are lots of options for the route back and they will give you suggested routes (and a map) with your collection documents. There are a few posts about bremen pick ups on this site that you can find if you do a search.
Enjoy! I went just over a week ago and its a great way to get the car.

·
Registered
SLK350, BMW K1200LT
808 Posts
To get back to Manchester, go Europort - Hull (it's an overnighter, but good fun) - if you want a bit of culture, go Imuidjen - Newcastle[:0][:0][:0] - all included in the price. I felt I didn't want to drive all the way down to the chunnel and then drive all the way back without a break. I only put 270 miles on my car on the way back via Geordieland.

·
Registered
350 SLK
1,528 Posts
tb manchester - 3/14/2005 11:27 AM

just bean on the daimler chrysler web site they recon they have sold 35000 r171s so far not seen any on the road for at least a month [:(] where are they all ?

ps is the route back from bremen to the uk straight forword
They are "over here". I see at least 2 a day now and not all of them are the same car(s). Mostly silver and black ones so you folks who purchased one of the blue or green ones will, at least, not be seeing yourselves coming and going[8D]

·
Registered
SLK350, BMW K1200LT
808 Posts
Eh - the way the weather is over here, I'm lucky to see one a week (and it's mine and green) - eh (feel like putting in an 'eh by gum' for good measure!)

But ... not a bad weekend - the last one, so took the Ducati out for a blast.

Attachments

·
Registered
SLK350
475 Posts
So far I have not seen one SLK R171 of any type on the roads in the Milwaukee, WI USA area. The few I saw were in the dealer (about 6). Never saw them again. I feel very exclusive in mine. It's been many months since I saw an R170. Milwaukee must be very backward and stodgy.[:D][:D]

Roberta[:)][:)][:)]

·
Registered
SLK350 AMG Sport
334 Posts
Roberta - 3/14/2005 6:43 PM

So far I have not seen one SLK R171 of any type on the roads in the Milwaukee, WI USA area. The few I saw were in the dealer (about 6). Never saw them again. I feel very exclusive in mine. It's been many months since I saw an R170. Milwaukee must be very backward and stodgy.[:D][:D]

You will see mine come Summerfest!

·
Registered
SLK350 6MT
294 Posts
Snowball - 3/14/2005 7:20 PM

Roberta - 3/14/2005 6:43 PM

You will see mine come Summerfest!
Ahh, Summerfest. I remember in the 70's when Geroge Carlin got arrested by Milwaukee's finest for using a few too many four-letter words. I was there and thought he was terrific.

Anyway, I have seen a couple of SLks on the road here in Nashvegas. There is even a SLK55 parked where I work. I know the dealer here has sold quite a few.

Rickboy

·
Registered
350 SLK
1,528 Posts
Roberta - 3/14/2005 4:43 PM

Milwaukee must be very backward and stodgy.[:D][:D]

...or just plain COLD!! Wait till summer[8D]

Where ya been Roberta? haven't heard from you for a while.

·
Registered
06 M5, 07 RS4, 07 ML63
654 Posts
strangely enough, even though I live in the city, I have only seen one SLK350 on the road. It was a pewter launch edition. Even more unusual is that the only other R171's I've seen on the road were AMG's. A black SLK55 and a silver one just like my own. Not sure if that was jmejones' car since I've never met him, but according to only what my eyes have seen, there are only 4 SLK's in the city that people drive around regularly. I guess people are still afraid to drive their cars in the cold and not-quite spring weather.

Speaking of which, it's March 14, 1 week until it's officially spring.... and lookie here... is that snow I see falling on the ground? .....yes it is [xx(]

·
Registered
2005 SLK 350
183 Posts
I drive mine all the time but I am up north in the burbs and don't get to the city much.....I've only seen a couple on the road and they are silver.....incidendly my all season p-zeros m+s work great !

·
Registered
SLK350
34 Posts
One iridium, one tellurite, one benitoite and one obsidian (mine) in the John Lewis Norwich car park at 1.00pm last Saturday. Three of us together in the entrance queue. Common as muck!

·
Registered
SLK 55 AMG
3,560 Posts
I see a few now and then. I think the village I live in might be home to three actually (Well, one of them seems like they are 'moving' in, but I occasionally see an Iridium 200 being parked in the streets).

·
Registered
SLK 350
155 Posts
I am near Pittsburgh, PA and I haven't seen another SLK350 or SLK55 at all, other than my alabaster white beauty that I am taking out TODAY, NO SNOW!!!

I heard that the Pittsburgh Pirates owner, Kevin McClatchey has a sliver one, probably a launch edition, but I haven't seen one in the western half of the state anywhere.

Oh the joy of exclusivity, its a real head turner!

·
Registered
R171 200K
115 Posts
See them if im in central london on the weekend. Mostly iridium, occasional black. Haven't seen another colour in person yet. Seen more 350s then 200s in the city. Haven't spotted an amg yet.

·
Registered
R171 SLK200 2005
475 Posts
Mardler - 3/15/2005 8:51 AM

One iridium, one tellurite, one benitoite and one obsidian (mine) in the John Lewis Norwich car park at 1.00pm last Saturday. Three of us together in the entrance queue. Common as muck!
That's just priceless!!! [:D] Am impressed that they were all different colours though!!!

Well up North, I've seen 5 different R171's since September (not including any I've seen at the dealership!!! [;)]) All silver, expect one black one!!! And since September have only seen about half a dozen R170's!! So still not that common up here!! [8D] [}:)] [:p]

·
Registered
SLK 350
2,327 Posts
Masmole, I'm not sure what you saw, snow comming down or clouds of road salt being kicked up. (Yeah I know, it really was snow). I sure would like to have a some rain to wash the salt away before I do anymore SLK driving.

·
Registered
SLK350
34 Posts
beverage - 3/15/2005 12:30 PM

Mardler - 3/15/2005 8:51 AM

That's just priceless!!! [:D] Am impressed that they were all different colours though!!!

Well up North, I've seen 5 different R171's since September (not including any I've seen at the dealership!!! [;)]) All silver, expect one black one!!! And since September have only seen about half a dozen R170's!! So still not that common up here!!

[8D] [}:)] [:p]
I was a little surprised, too. Having said that, my local dealer had a Benitoite as an original 350 demo and they've currently got a Fire Opal 200 demo and a Cubanite about to go out. Must be something in the air down here!

·
Registered
2005 SLK55
45 Posts
I've seen one silver 350 in Berkeley in front of a yoga place :) Another one near 2nd street/Brannen in SF. I've been driving mine all over 880, Berkeley, and SOMA/South Beach. I was definitely expecting a few more SLK's in the Bay Area.

1 - 20 of 30 Posts