Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
Vito 112 CDi year:2001
303 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've just had a look at removing the starter motor. Its sited front left, mid to top of transmission, just behind radiator. Couldn't remove it as one of the bolts on the solenoid cover needs a female torx and I ain't got any yet.

For removing the SM Russek talks about disconnecting the cables from terminals "30" and "50".
Terminal "30" has the larger nut of the two, which I think is the one I've marked in the pic. Does anyone know where terminal "50" is? I've followed the cables from the starter and the fat one goes to terminal "30", other cables go to a the white plug I've labelled as "terminal 50?", but I think terminal 50 should be lugs bolted down in a similar style to terminal 30.

starter motor terminal.jpg

·
Registered
Vito 280 ,ZX7r,gsxr 750, ,Z650 Cafe ,Benelli Tornado.Ford consul , Ford Pop , ,Chevy Astro,Dog,Wife
1,486 Posts
That heavy cable will go back to the battery....the wires that operate the solenoid will be normal size, possibly that block you mention.I'll have a look in the morro and try help you out....

·
Registered
Vito 280 ,ZX7r,gsxr 750, ,Z650 Cafe ,Benelli Tornado.Ford consul , Ford Pop , ,Chevy Astro,Dog,Wife
1,486 Posts
O.K.then..my van is different, i.e. it doesnt have that term. 30 , the cable from the motor goes back into the cab..to the battery, theres a large white block conn. in that area you have as 50, when i open this my van wont start..so..i assume one of the wires in the block is the wire from the starter..there should be only one ,as thats all the coil needs as the body is earthed...

1 - 3 of 3 Posts