Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
MB 500SL 1991
82 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi everybody,
I dont know about the C class. I had my mom on the phone a few minutes ago. She is turning 60 and she is not the "do it your self" type at all. :eek:

My mom want to buy a C280 2000 with 52k on the clock. One of her good freind is selling it for $10,000 (Canadian market) Car is fully loaded.
She is asking for my advice...
She need a daily driven car 12 month/year and will put 10k mi on the clock every year. (We have long winter in Montreal)

Would you say this car is reliable and what should she check for?

Her freind have the complete history of that car and it has always been taking care at the benz dealer.
Please help me to help her... It's my Mom :thumbsup:

P.s She drove Nissan most of her life and was very happy... Car wise!

·
Registered
'99 2.3L Kompressor
1,944 Posts
For you own piece of mind, just convince her to get a reliable Honda, Toyota, etc. You are "on the hook" if she gets a car that starts having problems. The W202s are getting to the age where it is highly likely it will start needing more service and it doesn't sound like your mom is the type to enjoy the work or the hassle of going back and forth to the repair place. One of the main reasons these cars are cheap to buy now is because they are so expensive to repair if you can't do the repairs yourself.

·
Registered
MB 500SL 1991
82 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
For you own piece of mind, just convince her to get a reliable Honda, Toyota, etc. You are "on the hook" if she gets a car that starts having problems. The W202s are getting to the age where it is highly likely it will start needing more service and it doesn't sound like your mom is the type to enjoy the work or the hassle of going back and forth to the repair place. One of the main reasons these cars are cheap to buy now is because they are so expensive to repair if you can't do the repairs yourself.
Xvvvz,
Thank's to take the time to answer... I agree 100% with what your are saying.
It just feel good to hear it from someone else.;)
I have a old Benz myself, and i know it take time and money to keep it running. The big difference is that i am a DIY type and for me it's a hobby.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts