2,398 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
But sometimes you really need to stop

Brembo Kit

·
Registered
2003 SLK230
1,456 Posts
Dude, that mug guard GOT TO GO !!! That belong on an truck/SUV.

MUG guard???????????????????????????????? Do you mean MUD!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Just for future reference Linh. Mud is a term used for Navy coffee and a mug is what is used to drink the mud. Mug is also what we shave in the morning before we drink our mud out of our mug. Got it.

·
Registered
SLK 320 BRABUS Modded
2,398 Posts
Discussion Starter #6 (Edited)
I have a black car in wales, So without mud flaps my car stays clean for about 15secs, Not an option they are a necessity.

Has it been a wile since you saw some flaps ? you should get off your pc and and spend some time with your wife.

But thanks for the post linn, Its was as informative as ever

·
Registered
2001 SLK 320(217K Miles), 2002 E320 Special Edition(183K Miles)
3,467 Posts
Has it been a wile since you saw some flaps ? you should get off your pc .....
Ouch!! That must have hurt. :D:D:D:D:D:thumbsup::thumbsup:

·
Registered
SLK 320, 450 SL
629 Posts
Love your Wheels AND MUD FLAPS!

Just like mine! (the flaps) They sure do keep these toys clean - even the brake dust from eating the paint!

Nice pics papa.

·
Registered
2002 SLK 32 AMG, bone stock. 1987 190E 2.3-16 valve (destroyed). 2005 E320 new toy.
14,926 Posts
I was wondering when you would get those shots up, they look good.
Bet the car stops a lot faster with less pedal pressure now... :eek:

Time to get bigger brighter tail lights.

You must have picked up the expensive covers, the cheap plastic ones don't have the fake bleed fittings..... :D

By the way, what is the disc diameter?

·
Registered
SLK 320 BRABUS Modded
2,398 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Yes Bruce feel really good, And getting better every day as they bed in.

Not silly, like touch the peddle and your licking the screen, But put them on hard and its Quite staggering how it stops.

Normal use just feels crisp.

332x32mm, 2 Peice drilled discs

·
Registered
2002 SLK 32 AMG, bone stock. 1987 190E 2.3-16 valve (destroyed). 2005 E320 new toy.
14,926 Posts
13.0 inches, the same as the 32, now you know what I have to stop with... :big laugh:

Found this a little while ago: 2002 SLK32 Tech Data

·
Registered
2001 SLK 320 auto, 2006 CLS320 CDi.
420 Posts
Very nice brake set up you've got yourself there mate:thumbsup:, must have cost a few bob or 3. When I first saw them I thought someone had stuffed a drilled dustbin lid into your alloys they look that big :D

I've just fitted drilled front discs and porterfield pads front and back on mine this weekend and even though they need bedding in they pull up very well, so I can only image how powerful those big brembos are:eek:. I've also got drilled discs for the rear but the ones supplied are too big so the seller is sending me some replacements, will be nice to get them on to match the front.

Attachments

·
Registered
SLK 320 BRABUS Modded
2,398 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Thanks m8

What paint did you use on yours ?

·
Registered
420 Posts
I used Folia Tec Caliper Lacquer paint, they do it in 9 different colours but i chose silver to match the car. The do a red if you are thinking of doing your rears to match your brembo calipers, but you might want to check that its gloss and not metalic as its difficult to tell from the pictures i've seen.

·
Registered
SLK 320 BRABUS Modded
2,398 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Are ok thats the one I want, Where did you get it m8, Local or net ?

·
Registered
420 Posts
Got mine from Halfords mate, cost £23.99 but I've seen it cheaper on the net if money's an issue...wait I've seen how much those big brake kits are on potn so I guess its not :)

1 - 20 of 23 Posts