Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)

does it damage the roof lining? would it need replacing? or does the roof airbag side away from the roof lining itself? w219

·
Registered
222.132 & 221.122 & 213.050 & 906.633
10,426 Posts
I don't know but I'm curious to know why are you asking this? A damaged roof lining should be one of the least concerns if the bags have deployed.

Just about all other bags destroy something on their way when they get deployed.

·
Registered
2002 honda civic (sold), 2009 Mercedes ML350
1,344 Posts
on the cls it depends, here is a pick of one in my shop that deployed and it creased the headliner to the point it needed to be replaced. sometimes though it can be reused if it didnt crease it to the point it damaged it

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter #5 (Edited)
this was a flood car and the airbags deployed due to a severly corroded srs unit.
Interesting thanks,

The reason i ask is because im expecting a delivery shortly for a cls, just wanted to get a few bits together in the mean time. Ive since found out it has slightly creased the roof lining but not the the point where its ripped off. So i dont think i need the lining now.

1 more question... The cls has slight damage to the doors which triggered the airbag curtain to come down.. Would it be advised to repair the damaged panels FIRST or is it ok to replace airbags, clear then program the srs unit and THEN replace any damaged panels?

I want to do the latter of the 2 but i dont want to if the srs system will trigger due to damaged panels, if thats possible? or would it need a further impact to re-trigger.?

1 - 5 of 5 Posts