Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
Have 2000 CLK320 soft top,W210s replaced with rare'11 Turbo 9-5NG (only 500 imported) , '07 9-7x.
156 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
:help: I have recently had a series of issues with my 98 wagon. The new issue seems to be soaked carpet in the back of the wagon at very back. Water was also on the carpet outside right rear compartment and in the seat well. Water appears in the car, especially if its parked on a slight incline where the front of wagon is higher than the rear of the wagon. Once before if found the right rear seat belt was soaked when I pull it out, but its dry this time. Also the water is only present on the right side of the car. Are there drain tubes on the back of the sunroof of a wagon? Anyone else had and resolved a similar issue with water appearing inside the back of e320 wagon?

·
Registered
Dallas, Texas
7,718 Posts
Sunroof has four drains. One in each corner. Check those for free flow. Another area of leaks on wagons is bolts for roof rails. That's what you see leaking on rear seat belt. Check battery area for water. PSE pump residing there may be wet.

·
Registered
Have 2000 CLK320 soft top,W210s replaced with rare'11 Turbo 9-5NG (only 500 imported) , '07 9-7x.
156 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Are the back drains easy to see or access? I hope they have tubes hanging in the back somewhere that I can blow low pressure air thru. Also hope it's not the bolts, since recently dropped the headliner to redo in suede. This was literally was a pain in neck!

·
Registered
Dallas, Texas
7,718 Posts
Park it on level ground, open sunroof and pour some water in gutter on the right side. It should start coming out from front and rear drains. Blowing compressed air may dislodge the drain hose. You want to flush stuff out not blow it back up.

·
Registered
2000 4Matic Estate E320S4 210.282
824 Posts
Back drain holes are at the back of the sunroof housing, so they're difficult to reach. I can think of some long flexible wire that might be inserted somehow but don't know for sure.

When fixing some rust spots in the summer I saw where the drain hoses are. Maybe you could do the the wire from the drain end of the hose. You need to remove the bumper cover, which is relatively an easy job. Hope that helps.

Good luck!

Attachments

·
Registered
156 Posts
Discussion Starter #7 (Edited)
Thanks for all of the replies! Both rear drains ended up being clogged and thats why the car leaked when parked at a angle.

I accessed from inside the car and this turned out to be a quick fix.

In my wagon the tubes are easily accessed by removing spare tire panel and spare tire as well as the emergency kit panel (took 4 min to acccess both hoses). With a garden hose on very low and spray nossle attached I put a bucket in the back of the wagon then pulled drain hoses out of the body panel hole then spayed water back up thru the lines while someone else superivised water flow on sunroof drain panel. First tube sprayed a little mud on drivers seat then i put towel on passenger seat. Now all four drains work, therefore I was able to see large amount of water flowing thru sunroof frame and quickly draining out of all four.:thumbsup:

·
Registered
E320/E250 Bluetec Ford F350 6.7l
36,707 Posts
Good to hear you fixed the issue.
Talking about rain.... I better like Polish equivalent, at least that how it works mostly on cars.
In Polish we say "Misfortunes walk in pairs"

·
Registered
156 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Good to hear you fixed the issue.
Talking about rain.... I better like Polish equivalent, at least that how it works mostly on cars.
In Polish we say "Misfortunes walk in pairs"
Isn't that the truth, what are the chances of both rear window regulators breaking at the same exact moment? This did indeed happen on my 1997 e320 couple of years of ago(of course it was 50 degrees F outside!!)

1 - 9 of 9 Posts