Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
e430
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
2011 e 350 4matic .When will be the first maintenance service? Is it better to buy the 2 years prepaid service?

·
Registered
2008 SLK 55 AMG
85 Posts
All recent year Mercedes Benz models have been equiped with a FSS counter (flexible service) which will display when service is due. Some models go from A to B service, other models go from A-B-C and on. Since you have an oil sensor that monitors the quality of the synthetic oil and the computer monitors your driving habits (ie town versus highway driven miles) it will inform you when service is due. Usually it is 10,000 miles when the first service is due, unless you drive a lot less in a year I would say do the service after 12 month.
Pre paid service is available and can save you some money.
All dependent where you live, how much you drive and have all of your service done by Mercedes Benz dealers than I would say get the pre paid service.
Unless you do your own service (oil changes and stuff) and/or have $$ laying around then don't worry about it.
Hope this helps.
Of course as mentioned previously this can be found in the manual as well. But then who reads manuals ...right.....
Enjoy your ride !

·
Registered
ML550, W212 E350 4 matic, 1966 Corvette C2 convt.
2,675 Posts
Mine is turning out to be almost exactly 10,000 miles.
10000 miles is what they all are. There is no variable service any longer. Its 10000 miles and 12 months for all regardles of your driving conditions. Just had my ist for my W212 E350 4M and it cost approx 250 bucks.

·
Registered
'11 350 4matic-AMG Wheels-Tint-Debadge-Clear Side Markers-Spoiler-HID's-VIM-Sprint Boost
56 Posts
10000 miles is what they all are. There is no variable service any longer. Its 10000 miles and 12 months for all regardles of your driving conditions. Just had my ist for my W212 E350 4M and it cost approx 250 bucks.
Pardon the "duh" question, I assume that included an oil change. What else did they do? I have a ShurFlo system so I will be doing the changes myself.
Thanks.

·
Registered
143 Posts
On our 2011 E350 it tells us service in 360 days on the multi computer. Our previous 04' benz would indicate "service A" in xxx miles.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts