Mercedes-Benz Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

· Registered
36,559 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
A friend of mine told me about a 600 for sale out here. It's a 1992 model, brought in from Japan. <br> <br> My friend tells me it says S600 on the back. Now as far as i know the early W140 nomenclature was 600sel. It was changed to S600 from the 94 model year onwards.<br> <br> Was it any different for the European market. The car is LHD so it was prob a German-spec car imported into Japan? Or has it just been re-badged?<br> <br> I'll be going to see it tomorrow. It's got 97,000 km on the clock and the guy wants the equivalent of $10,500 for it.<br> <br>

· Registered
36,559 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
:)<br> I checked. It's got all 12 cylinders.<br> <br> Despite many reservations about the huge potential costs of running a monster like this, the thought of driving a V12 is probably going to get the better of me. And with a price tag of just $10K (or less) the I'm sure the proposition will prove irresistable.<br>

· Registered
36,559 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
You are correct on that, the badge was changed to S600 starting with the 1994 model year. If this is a 1992 model, then it is obvious someone ripped off the original 600SEL emblem and replaced it with an S600 emblem to make it look more current. MB does not do anything different for the european market in terms of naming cars. By the way, you are gonna steal this thing for the equivalent of 10,500!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.