Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I know how the little wrench comes on the dash, and that means basically get your oil changed (A or B Class Service). Someone said if you get two wrenches that means your need the full service.

When do I get the belts changed, or the fuel and air filter changed or the spark plugs etc. Is this neccessary? I have had it for a little over two years and since have basically just got the oil changes, fluids checked, and brakes done.

I feel like I am losing some power though. I also here like a squeeling sound from a cold start that sounds like the belts may need some lubricant or to be replaced

Someone let me know.

Thanks

·
Equal Opportunity Offender
2002 ML320, 2005 S430 4MATIC RIP, 2010 F150 Crew Cab
11,305 Posts
Mercedes claims a tune-up is needed every 100,000 miles. This tune up supposedly includes all plugs (16 for V-8 and 12 for V-6) and wires along with a diagnostic check etc. I have 128,000 miles on my ML430 and it runs smoothly. I have not had a tune up since I'm not having problems. I honestly believe burning 93 octane in mine has kept the plugs clean and they have lasted a lot longer than I thought they would[:D].
I change my air filter every 12-15,000 miles.
As for the belt noise you're hearing, it most likely is normal for some to make this noise because I have had brand new ones do it. If you want to check and see if its bad, looked for frayed edges and look at the part that wraps around your idler pulley. If it has minute cracks on the inside, then you should change it.
I also just posted a question about transmission fluid changes that you might want to check out the answers for (TRANSMISSION FAILURE AFTER A FLUID CHANGE?)
I hope this helps[:)]

1 - 2 of 2 Posts