Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
2x300D-83
54 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Has anyone got any experience with Remotec 16" rims on W123? These are more often seen on W126. I´m about going to look on four used ones with 225-50-16" tyres on them.

Anders (the Swede, explains the bad language)

Attachments

·
Registered
84 230CE & 84 300DT
324 Posts
I just thought I would attach a photo of my 1985 300D Turbo so you would get an idea of ...

I just thought I would attach a photo of my 1985 300D Turbo so you would get an idea of what a W123 would look like with those wheels.

Attachments

·
Registered
Mercedes-Benz
2,245 Posts
very nice rims indeed...[8D][;)]...

very nice rims indeed...[8D][;)]

·
Registered
1981 Mercedes 300D
1,249 Posts
Hmm, sorta reminds me of some BBS wheels I had on an '87 Audi 5000CS Quattro I had years a...

Hmm, sorta reminds me of some BBS wheels I had on an '87 Audi 5000CS Quattro I had years ago... Nice wheels indeed, but a pain in the butt to clean! :)

·
Registered
84 230CE & 84 300DT
324 Posts
These have been the easiest to clean of any alloy wheels that I have owned. They simply wi...

These have been the easiest to clean of any alloy wheels that I have owned. They simply wipe clean with a wet cloth followed by a good rinse.

·
Registered
1983 300Dturbodiesel
297 Posts
my front wheels always seem to get dirty alot faster than the rear ones, with some black g...

my front wheels always seem to get dirty alot faster than the rear ones, with some black grimey dust... i think its from the brakes, they are still the originals i believe... would getting new brake pads decrease the amount of crap dirtying up the wheels?

·
Registered
90 300 SE ,85 300 GD
1,574 Posts
Dust Covers

You may want to consider some dust covers for the front wheels. Easy to install and work great!
[:D]

·
Registered
84 230CE & 84 300DT
324 Posts
Not necessarily. Some pads are worse than others especially the organic ones. The covers a...

Not necessarily. Some pads are worse than others especially the organic ones. The covers are your best bet for your dust problem.

·
Registered
82 300 TD
75 Posts
I definitely would think twice about those covers. Some of these cars have solid front r...

I definitely would think twice about those covers. Some of these cars have solid front rotors and they need all of the ventilation that they can get to help remove the heat created during breaking. Best bet is to use high quality german pads, ie textar, pagid or jurid, and just clean the wheels as often as possible. I personally prefer the textar pads as they seem to have better workmanship over the others.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.