Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I had my new C240 for about a month now and its wheel selection time. I narrowed it down to 17 inch wheels just want a little more rim with no compramises. I dont plan to do anything else to my C240 no performance just an A to B car that needs some styling wheels. Here is the three wheels i chose AMG monoblock AMG split spoke C32 wheel or Brabus monoblock V what do u guys think its a alabaster white C and what tires do u guys reccomend like michelins how about contenintals same size F and R thanks guys any pics of C240 with wheels

·
Registered
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
I like the monoblocks better...

Michellins are good performance tires but I find that continentals are quieter and ofcourse cheaper.

·
Registered
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
borbet type r

<br> go to tirerack.com and look up the borbet type r on the c-class. they are cheap and look very good.

·
Registered
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I think he is looking for a different level of wheels....

Borbet on a MB???? He is talking about AMGs and Brabus...ppl will laugh at u when they see a set of Borbet on a C-class!

·
Registered
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
by the way...

<br> if you do choose barbus or amg, i know this old lady down the street that has the same wheels on her s600, and the guy that lives behind me sports a set of amg's. oh yeah, my yard guys has a set of brabus too. how about the 18 year old that has a c-coupe thats riding on amg's. hey HT, your probably wearing the same underwear they are.<br> <br> leaders are borned not taught (like HT)<br> <br> carlsson, o.z.,axis, etc.... there are many other good looking wheels.

·
Registered
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Re: by the way...

17's on a C. You might as well stick to stock. Definitely don't get Borbets. You'll get clowned. Go with AMG, Brabus, Carlsson, Kleemann, Opera, or Lorinser. I would recommend Brabus monoblock V or VI. 19 inch would be much better, but to each his own. I have 19X8.5 in the front and 19 X 10 Carlsson 1/6 Evos in the back of my C. The ride is not bad, especially if you are not planning to lower it.

·
Registered
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
well.....

How did u know that I havent checked them out b4 I post my comments??? The Borbet Type R is selling for $165 a piece at Tirerack.<br> I just think he is talking about a higher class of wheels like Brabus or AMGs. <br> You are asking him to get a set of Borbets which 4 Borbets will equal to 1 Brabus. Dont u think they are different class of wheels???<br> Carlsson?? What is it? I have used 3 sets of Carlsson on my cars already!<br> <br> <br> <br>

·
Registered
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Re: well.....

<br> your right HT, the borbet wheels are kinda inexpensive, sorry that the're not highly priced enough to qualify in a higher class. i think i'm gonna call the company and tell them to raise their prices so that they can market to mercedes owners (like HT). you buy wheels to enhance the look of your car, not to go to shows and tell people how much you paid for them. Hey wheels - make a decision on what you think will look good on your car, not mine or HT's. <br> HT- you definitely live up to the mercedes owner stereotype, and you wonder why people give you dirty looks. i'm ashamed to be a mercedes owner today, but not tomorrow though.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts