Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1999 C280
49 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I recently puchased a '99 C280 and I am looking to make a few upgrades, the first of which will be a new set of rims and tires. I will probably go w/ a suspension upgrade at a later date.

Although the look of the factory stock rims is OK, I want something different.I want to go a little larger for better handling, and a different rim style that is easier to clean. I don't however want to feel every bump in the road or have to replace my tires every 15K. Basically, I am looking for a balance between performance & comfort - with a slight edge to performance (60/40).

I'm thinking of upgrading from the stock 15" rim to a 17" rim with a lower profile tire. 19" is out, and I think 18" may be a little too rigid. I'm thought 17" would be a good size, but it seems as though I see mostly 18" out there. Can anyone provide any input here? (Please keep in mind that I may lower the car slightly in the future, and I expect the suspension to have an effect on the ride comfort as well). Any input/thoughts/ideas/experiences would be greatly appreciated. Thanks.

·
BenzWorld Tire & Wheel God
1,386 Posts
your car uses a tire diameter of 25" so, the 19" comment is very correct ... many people...

your car uses a tire diameter of 25" so, the 19" comment is very correct ... many people feel 18's are not too harsh feeling ...... you may want to find a car that uses the same diameter and take a test drive ..... alot of VW's, Audi's, and MB's use a 225/45-17 and are upgrade to 225/40-18 ..... I'm sure you could find somebody to give you a test ride in 18's

1 - 2 of 2 Posts