Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Outstanding Contributor Always Remembered RIP
6,543 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My wheels on my CL420 were the worst that I have ever seen, they had been kerbed badly and very corroded. I found a firm near where i live that did a wonderful job. The clear lacquer on the rim does not last well in the UK, so I opted for a sparkle silver for the rim, and a darker shade for the centre. They did a wonderful job, the cost all in was £400.

Sorry about the poor picture but it has rained all day long

Attachments

·
Registered
1,056 Posts
Wow, that's a lot of cash just for the work...but worth it for those RIMs...they look excellent. Any before shots of the rims?

·
6,543 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Wow, that's a lot of cash just for the work...but worth it for those RIMs...they look excellent. Any before shots of the rims?
Sadly no photo's of before, they were kerbed very badly all the way round, the rims were badly corroded, they were out of true. To be honest they were the worst wheels I have ever seen.

Had I had just the single colour, then under £50 per wheel, it makes a lot more work to add the extra colour as there was no definite line to work to, that included removing the old tyres and fitting the new tyres and balancing.

Yes expensive, but I am a fussy old thing. They are so nice its a shame to re fit them to the car

·
Registered
541 Posts
I paid for mine 50 a wheel but no tyres straight forward job.Two of were so badly corroded that was charged an extra 25 for them two-all 300.
I'm very fussy too and don't mind to pay an extra for good job.
Yours for the job done worth every penny :)
Post some pics with them on a CL

·
6,543 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I paid for mine 50 a wheel but no tyres straight forward job.Two of were so badly corroded that was charged an extra 25 for them two-all 300.
I'm very fussy too and don't mind to pay an extra for good job.
Yours for the job done worth every penny :)
Post some pics with them on a CL
I will put up the pictures when I get the car back,, its having 2 new front wishbones plus some other parts, and too big a job for me. The car drove seemingly perfect, but on the lift, putting an iron bar between the inner ends of the wishbones showed that the rubber bushes had gone completely. £250 each side, the steering damper was useless. The ignition lock plunger in the box was leaking and all the fluid leaking out. the sump breather hose had also gone like jelly.

Its only been away 6 days and I miss it already so much.

·
Registered
541 Posts
Yep these cars are to be missed.Mine was away for 10 days - my god I was so in a bad Mood.
Also I'm still thinking about getting a coupe as my second:) - awsome machines
Rgds to hoses,I just changed a set on the engine all of them were exactly like jelly - now engine breathing healthy :)

·
6,543 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I am surprised at how quickly the suspension components wear out on a MB this one is at 80k miles, but my V70R with the same mileage is all like new, sure the parts are cheaper for the MB but one has got to fit them.

I have 3 cars, and cannot justify 4,,so I will stick, getting it all sorted out as soon as possible should let me have a clear run

1 - 8 of 8 Posts