Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 20 of 48 Posts

·
Registered
1985 500sel
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey The 20's are coming off I bought some black with polished lip wheels, that maybe I'll like better if not look for them on e-bay or maybe the chrome 20's. Well I'll post some pics. when I install the black 18's

Attachments

·
Premium Member
1990 SEC
4,110 Posts
They look nice.[:)]

Be sure to post some pictures when the new rims are mounted.[8D]

·
Registered
1982 300d turbordies
48 Posts
I caught eye of a rim very similar or the same as this, not black, on a W126, probaly a 16 inch. The car has been crashed and I would like those wheels. I own a W123, do W126 wheels bolt straight on? How much would be a good offer, along with replacing those with mine, if the want to tow it.

Thanks
Kef

·
Registered
1985 500sel
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
The bolt pattern for the w126 is 5-112 So if you're car has the same bolt pattern they fit easy. You would probably have to get new bolts most are different. For that 20in chrome I made them my self at school with a cnc machine. I also made a .25inch spacer for the front wheels. You need to find thewheel specs and make sure they fit before you buy.

·
Mercedes
9,038 Posts
danwatt - 3/23/2005 2:31 AM

You'd think that with all the money you have to spend on ugly rims you could get some Euros. Geesh.
he said he made the rims himself... he gets props for that.

·
Registered
84 300TD, 2005 CDI, 2006 CLS55
1,041 Posts
20 inch rims are stupid, plain and simple. The brakes, suspension and tranny are not engineered for them, and while you look good to others that wish they had or do have 20 inch rims on a caprice, to everyone else you look like you spent all you $ on rims and gold teeth caps instead of a education. Only thing worse is 20 spinners. Not to mention they are unsafe, (for the previously mentioned reasons; but further- what type of engineering tests did you do on the rim design to insure they will withstand the forces the car will put on them? are you a degreed mechanical engineer?) and NO just because the bolt pattern is 5 X 112 do all w126 rims fit w123's. You have to take into account the rim offset- if you dont understand what offset is, which seems clear (you custom built rims and they don't fit your car so you need to add spacers?????), do some research. Now, on the other hand, it's a free world- do what ever you want, I could care less- but making your car less safe can and does impact others on the road and in life. It's the same as helmet laws for cycles- I don't care if you die from head injuries- but when you dont die and cant pay for medical care and wheelchairs and all the rest that goes with life altering injuries , guess who does pay? The rest of us for your lack of thinking ahead.

·
Registered
97 Ford Scorpio Cosworth
702 Posts
MTUpower - 3/23/2005 10:44 PM

20 inch rims are stupid, plain and simple. The brakes, suspension and tranny are not engineered for them, and while you look good to others that wish they had or do have 20 inch rims on a caprice, to everyone else you look like you spent all you $ on rims and gold teeth caps instead of a education. Only thing worse is 20 spinners. Not to mention they are unsafe, (for the previously mentioned reasons; but further- what type of engineering tests did you do on the rim design to insure they will withstand the forces the car will put on them? are you a degreed mechanical engineer?) and NO just because the bolt pattern is 5 X 112 do all w126 rims fit w123's. You have to take into account the rim offset- if you dont understand what offset is, which seems clear (you custom built rims and they don't fit your car so you need to add spacers?????), do some research. Now, on the other hand, it's a free world- do what ever you want, I could care less- but making your car less safe can and does impact others on the road and in life. It's the same as helmet laws for cycles- I don't care if you die from head injuries- but when you dont die and cant pay for medical care and wheelchairs and all the rest that goes with life altering injuries , guess who does pay? The rest of us for your lack of thinking ahead.
Some people are dumb, are you?

he wrote that he made custom spacers to fit the car, not rims.

Do you also have Gold Caps and 20" spinners instead of education, or can you just not read?

·
Registered
97 Ford Scorpio Cosworth
702 Posts
PimpinBenzo - 3/22/2005 5:06 PM

Hey The 20's are coming off I bought some black with polished lip wheels, that maybe I'll like better if not look for them on e-bay or maybe the chrome 20's. Well I'll post some pics. when I install the black 18's
what you should do:

get euro headlights

put those black rims on

get those chromed fender trims off

tint the taillights

get some clear corners

get the chromed side mirror covers

and you´d be tight

·
Registered
35 Posts

Edited by MTUpower 3/23/2005 10:56 PM

I bet you and MRTIKKET are related.
Your comments is as bad as him.

·
Registered
97 Ford Scorpio Cosworth
702 Posts
MRTIKKET - 3/24/2005 2:31 PM

reonalr - 3/24/2005 2:14 PM

Reonair, your grammer is very poor. Your only sentence is not grammatically correct. Are you mentally disabled?
do you EVER work?
You seem to have alot of time on your hands for an 40 year old...

·
Registered
1,285 Posts
DEF-C - 3/24/2005 3:06 PM

MRTIKKET - 3/24/2005 2:31 PM

reonalr - 3/24/2005 2:14 PM

Reonair, your grammer is very poor. Your only sentence is not grammatically correct. Are you mentally disabled?
do you EVER work?
Rarely. Actually, virtually everything I do is done from the web, phone and fedex. I went to my office in downtown Chicago for many years. The drive was brutal. I think I've been there 3 days so far this year. Fedex is WONDERFUL!

·
Registered
35 Posts
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

do you EVER work?

Mrtikki full of it,

The correct spelling is grammar not " grammer ".
Yes my friends from Chicago Mental Hospital told
me that you and Dennis Rodman are tight really tight
ends, fact they said you look alike.

[:)][:)][:)]

·
Registered
Eurospec 1985 500SEL
57 Posts
MRTIKKET, "grammer" is spelt "grammar". Learn to spell before you criticize other people on their writing.

MTUpower, you need to stop making assumptions. If PimpinBenzo can pay $2500 for a set of 20's and then get another set of equally-expensive 18's to put on one of the most regal cars on the road, more than likely he knows what he's doing. Or at the least, he has the money to burn. Respect that. Having 20's doesn't make the vehicle that much less safe unless you're attempting to do the slalom skid pad at 70mph. It's the way you drive it and judging from how good PimpinBenzo's 500SEL looks, he's probably a safe driver.

You better recognize =)

·
Registered
1994 W124 E320 1997W140 S320(RIP),1993W140300SE(RIP),2000W208CLK320(RIP) , 1993 W201 190E 2.6 (RIP),
1,821 Posts
MTUpower - 3/23/2005 10:44 PM

DAMN, this post drips IGNORANCE. THIS is a W126er? Geesh! How's he gonna come on here talking about gold teeth, uneducated, and calling people drug dealers and assuming they drive unsafe? BTW, who fitted HIS tire/rim ratio? That Estate looks like the 4x4 Benz pics in the other thread. This time I WISH it was photoshop. Funny, everyone compared him to MRTIKKET, but I remember MR.T on one of his "off meds" days being one of the first to tell MTU how much like crap his ride looked[:D] If you didn't like his rims say so. I'm not crazy about either choice myself, but leave your dime store psychology out of it. Now, don't you what some white slacks, white belt, and white loafers to go wash? The Palm Beach Shuffle Board Association can't wait on you all day. You EARNED this post[:eek:)]

·
Registered
84 300TD, 2005 CDI, 2006 CLS55
1,041 Posts
I did not call anyone a drug dealer or a unsafe driver- reread my posts. I said the car was unsafe due to the choice of rims- do you dispute that? What do you think the panic stopping distance and handling characteristics is for a w126 with 20 inch rims with spacers vs one with 15 or 16 inch rims at 70mph? Ask the folks at Renntech what they think of 20 inch rims on a w126.
I said a drug dealer or a rich kid could buy the rims- showing the illogical conclusion of the Lowriders statement assuming having $ means you have the smarts to drive safe and know what you are doing in regards to proper automotive engineering.
The rims on my '80 wagon are 15 inch- MB made 15 inch rims for the w123's- so are they unsafe? How does 15 inch rims make a w123 look like a 4x4? Love to hear what IGNORANCE I posted- was I wrong about the engineering facts I stated? Was I wrong about the having $ = being a good driver? Now, don't you what some white slacks, white belt, and white loafers to go wash What are trying to say here? don't you what some white slacks Uh... no to whatever you are trying to say. Instead I'll continue my work as a professional mechanic/engineer. BTW does this engine look like crap to you?

Attachments

1 - 20 of 48 Posts